Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

Sad day for the cube.... :(

4K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  elDizzle_foShizzle 
#1 ·
So it has been raining all day and has been pretty foggy too. I hit a pothole on the way to work today, I am usually never in the right lane and wham! Hit a pot hole. There is a nice little chunk of tire missing from my side wall now with four threads showing. There goes my money towards springs. Then when I get to work I end up having to park at the end of the lot and hit the curb. with the front bumper. Have a few scratches on the the bottom lip now. :( Why do they have to make it black underneath all that paint???

Sigh....

#3 ·
Yeppers -- a real bummer on the tire, when the cords are showing, you've no choice but to replace ASAP :(. However, all it takes is a little bottle of touchup paint from the dealer and you can make the scratches pretty much disappear :)! Just remember to apply the paint in drops from the dispenser brush tip instead of painting it on (though I guess that depends on how bad the scratches are :-\).

#4 ·
i feel you man :-\ i been there before, just recently i almost ruined one my xxr wheels, on my way home from my job is a pretty clean blvd. with no street damages at all always clean and clear
but a couple days after sema i was nicely driving back to my place and sudenly PaaaaaaaH!!!!! i hit something really really deep but i couldnt see because it was dark night....worry about the wheel i just hurried up and get home asap to check up on it, luckly the wheel was fine
next day morning i head over where i hit the cube in my xterra and surprisingly there was and still there a huge patched hole easy 4 inches deep next following day the whole blvd. is invaded by the city workers making openings thru out the whole blvd. so by now is completely ruined and the perfect route i used to take from place to place has been changed now :( :( :(

im sure you will find a way to get it fixed for cheap man!

#8 ·
Chompsticks said:
I'm been so used to driving SUVs that I nevered worried about curbs before. I'm just glad I did not lower my cube yet, otherwise I Would of hit it head on instead of scraping the bottom. You live and you learn.
I've driven Corvette's for so many years, and when you do you learn pretty quickly to stop short. In parking lots you will bottom out on curbs etc. On the street it's easy to mis-judge the length of the nose and bump the car in front at a stop. Because of this, it has become a habit to park and / or stop short for me. - Dan

#9 ·
Sorry to hear about the ride! The first time I have a bodykit on a lowered car way back in 01, I smashed it up...BAAD. After that I've always stopped short. The beauty of the cube is that it is so short. You can not pull all the way up and still be in the spot by a mile!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.