Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a 900+ mile road trip in three days. I could not be more pleased how my Cube performed, averaged 29.6 MPG for the entire trip. I went down to the keys for warmer weather and found cold windy weather I assume from the latest storm that went through there. I still had a blast driving the Cube even in the windy weather it handled great could have something to do with the 215/45/17 tires I suppose. I was able to open it up somewhat just for short periods of time of course.....since I now have a little over 1800 miles on it. I was impressed on how smooth it ran even at high speeds seems to settle in right around 70+ and really grip the road. Took it up to 80+ a few times and it still had more to go. Very impressive for a small 4 cylinder engine. Got lots of looks from people while passing them up and a lot of smiles, people seem to love the Cube's unique look everywhere I went. Only saw one other Cube the entire time on the road. I wanted to get a few photos on Daytona beach but it was high tide when I arrived in the evening and high tide when I left the next morning.....bummer would of been a great image. I never got uncomfortable once where I just had to get out and stretch, got to love the seats in the Cube and the fact you can adjust the height of the seat to change position. The cruise control worked out great too, my right foot never got tired or bored....did not use it all the time so I could vary the rpm's during the trip, not a good idea to keep it the same for a long period of time on a new engine. Had great tunes on my iPod about 30 hours of music so I never got bored. Saw some great parts of the state and some real boring parts but overall it was a very great road trip. Highlights of the trip: going fast through Alligator Alley, going over some very cool bridges in the keys (surrounded by beautiful tropical blue water), cruising through the Art Deco District of Miami, and ending up in Daytona Beach... lots of great people and live entertainment. Gee went through Orlando, land of the theme parks, too many choices and so many people. Back home now going through some photos of the trip (will post on my album soon) and planning my next road trip. Just can't seem to remove the smile on my face ;D. No dings, chips or? got all the bugs off my Cube when I got home (wow some real big ones out there :eek:) but it's time for a bath today for the Cube that is ..... :yes:

·
2,084 Posts
Nice you had a good trip. In my cube I find 70 MPH is the sweet spot.

Do not do 70MPH in un-posted areas!

In some of our freeways it is legal to travel at 70! That said the vehicle gets great milage at 70 MPH!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your right about 70 being the sweet spot, also around 75 seems to be a great spot too. Of course only in 70 mph posted areas ;) Just have to love the Cubes. Maybe someday I'll make it up to Atlanta area, thinking about a road trip in the Spring.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also took the cube on a long road trip about 2 weeks ago, about 1700 miles round trip over a long weekend. I was shocked and amazed how comfortable the car rode, as well as how it performed at high way speed, espescially I95, which in some parts doing less than 70 is more dangerous than actually speeding.

whatever I asked the cube to do, she did....with aplomb.

all while eeeking out just a shade over 30 mpg for the entire trip. I call this car "my 3000 lbs of epic win"

I'm probably gonna keep this little bugger for a while. I have to say I am surprised I dont see more on the road. are these things selling at all?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts