Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a red 2010 Cube SL with a black interior. There are two black ripple hooks in the front and two holes for hooks in the back. I don't want these holes to be empty and wish that the car had come with two hooks as they are in the front. To buy hooks you have to pay $38 (here in Canada) and you get three knobs in peach, lemon and lime. You can't get pairs of colours unless you buy two packages. Nor can you buy black. Aside from this outrageous price for three little plastic knobs you can only install mismatched pairs, if you want pairs, as I do. If you want to play with colours then you have 4 holes to be filled by a set of 3 hooks. I just don't understand this as a design option or as a Nissan marketing decision.

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
lol... I just read your same post on cubeforums.com... lol...
I agree it's stupid... they should at least provide 4 black ones to start with... no charge.
There's a thread on this forum in the interior section on DIY ripple hooks:

http://www.nissancubelife.com/forum/index.php?topic=817.0

Maybe that is an option for you?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I saw that, but not something that appeals to me, from a design perspective. Solution is for Nissan to provide two more of these 20 cent plastic parts as part of the purchase. Same for the bungee cords, IMO.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I totally agree... definitely if you get the interior design package... 4 holes in the car should equal 4 hooks, IMO.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I agree that they should supply you with either 4 black or 4 grey... whichever interior color you have... and then the extra sets they sell should come with 4.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't think Christine would be so cruel to tease you about those polished steel one's :roll:
No, she does not look cruel 8).
This is not helping nissan do the right thing, but if you don't plan on using your front ripple hooks, then move them to the back doors, and buy some 1.5 inch sticky back mirrors [$2 a two pack], and cover up those ugly holes.
Here is what it looks like.

Attachments

·
2,084 Posts
Nope not cruel at all. Cost me less than $10 dollars for all four. Maintained the ripple effect too. Notice how well it matches the plastic metal tone on the shifter, start button and so on

Her is a look at mine.

The back doors

The front

Just some drawer pulls.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I repent for being a "doubting Thomas". That looks really good. Espescially with the white interior :yes:.
I will have to say Ck is batting 1000 on advice, so do not doubt as quickly as I. :-[
While I am eating crow, I guess I'll have an extra helping by admitting that, while at the nissan dealer picking up my cube, I decided to go ahead and get two utility pouches for my back doors :p. They only had two in stock, and they gave me 15% off [which helped ease the pain a little]. I found some black rubber spacers to make them fit more snugly against the door. They look good. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Christine, those are nice! Where did you get them?

Relicxdude, can you post photos of your pouches?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Heck, my Cube didn't even come with two hooks, but it did come with two packs of those elastic strap thingies.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
relicxdude said:
Here is one pic. The other side looks the same [only blurry]
Thanks for the pic. What do you have in mind for them in the back seat? I s'pose someone in the back might have an iPod?

·
Registered
53 Posts
relicxdude, do you have the black trim appliques? If that's what I'm seeing, could I also see a few pictures of them? Thanks!

Michelle

·
Registered
53 Posts
jkm, my youngest uses "hers" to hold her MP3 video player and her DS. I ironed on some appliques for her too, and she just loves it.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lynia143 said:
jkm, my youngest uses "hers" to hold her MP3 video player and her DS. I ironed on some appliques for her too, and she just loves it.
Money well spent then!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts