Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call that the repairs on the wrecked Cube (http://www.nissancubelife.com/forum/index.php?topic=1755.0) are done... a whole week ahead of schedule. I was excited thinking I'd finally have my car back! We went to look at the car this morning and it's ALL jacked up!! :mad: There are tons of scratches/chips in the paint that were never fixed. They "repaired" one big scratch on the hood just with touch up paint and it's still way obvious that it was scratched. The "new" door is scratched up and not aligned right. The "new" wheel is all scuffed up. They did a really crappy job of lining everything up... the gaps are all way bigger than they should be. The windshield is cracked. The passenger side window doesn't roll up and down smoothly anymore. They did a really crappy job of "repairing" the rear passenger side door and didn't fixed a cracked piece on the inside of the door that's blatantly obvious when you open the door. The side piece of the Areo kit isn't flush with the car anymore. They DAMAGED the front end during towing and didn't bother to fix any of the damage. Luckily I have photos that prove that damage occurred AFTER the actual accident so it's going to be up to the body shop to fix that. I am incredibly disappointed and super pissed off!!! :mad:

Luckily I hadn't turned in the rental car before I went to see the car. I knew it wasn't going to be the same... but I expected it to look a hell of a lot better than it does. :(

·
Registered
929 Posts
Do not give up until it's like new. I am done with playing nice when it comes to cars. Don't get walked over - fight!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
none said:
Do not give up until it's like new. I am done with playing nice when it comes to cars. Don't get walked over - fight!!!
Oh I'm not giving up on this. I don't know if they thought they could just pull one over on me because I'm a woman or what but this is not going to fly! :no:

·
Registered
839 Posts
Yep it's your car, and a compentent body shop should be able to repair it to look as though it was never wrecked....as they should.

If you're not pleased with their work your best bet is to complain to the insurance company who's footing the bill, it's their responsibility to ensure the body shop does quality workmanship.

Don't drive it home until you're completely satisfied and be sure your first test drive is with one of the body shop managers or a rep from the insurance company. - Dan

·
2,084 Posts
They should not get a check from the insurance until you sign off on the work. I am lucky on this one, USAA sends an inspector to meet you and the repaired vehicle and they make sure they got their moneys worth. I went to pick up my vehicle and some clear coat was on the tail light and the insurance guy was like "Nope send it back, we will wait"

I was amazed. You Rock USAA :yes:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Please make sure your insurance company does not pay the body shop until it is right. You should have the insurance claims representative / agent go look at the car with you next time you go to the body shop, if it is not right tell them to get it right. Next step I would do, sell the car and get a new 2010. I hate telling you this but it will never be the same. Something very similar to this happened to me a few years back and my car never felt the same after the wreck, I was hit (T_boned) by a cop without lights and a siren who left the scene of the accident. Took over 6 months to get things cleared with the city I was living in at the time. The body shop did good but the car never felt the same. Your insurance should of had the car totaled for your sake and bought you a new one. Really sorry about what happened, I do hope things work out for you. :yes:

·
2,084 Posts
Bummer for her is that she probabbly owes more than the vehicle is now worth since the vehicle has this lovely black mark on it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ChristineK said:
Bummer for her is that she probabbly owes more than the vehicle is now worth since the vehicle has this lovely black mark on it.
Even with a big down payment... you are probably right. :( I'm hoping that I can still work something out though.

·
2,084 Posts
Sorry Girl, this sucks!

Don't you just love it that its not your fault but you get to pick up the check in the end. The insurance company gives you the big and fuzzy "look what we did for you" yet reality is somehow different.

I hope this turns out good for you, I really do!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Steel~Gray said:
I got a call that the repairs on the wrecked Cube (http://www.nissancubelife.com/forum/index.php?topic=1755.0) are done... a whole week ahead of schedule. I was excited thinking I'd finally have my car back! We went to look at the car this morning and it's ALL jacked up!! :mad: There are tons of scratches/chips in the paint that were never fixed. They "repaired" one big scratch on the hood just with touch up paint and it's still way obvious that it was scratched. The "new" door is scratched up and not aligned right. The "new" wheel is all scuffed up. They did a really crappy job of lining everything up... the gaps are all way bigger than they should be. The windshield is cracked. The passenger side window doesn't roll up and down smoothly anymore. They did a really crappy job of "repairing" the rear passenger side door and didn't fixed a cracked piece on the inside of the door that's blatantly obvious when you open the door. The side piece of the Areo kit isn't flush with the car anymore. They DAMAGED the front end during towing and didn't bother to fix any of the damage. Luckily I have photos that prove that damage occurred AFTER the actual accident so it's going to be up to the body shop to fix that. I am incredibly disappointed and super pissed off!!! :mad:

Luckily I hadn't turned in the rental car before I went to see the car. I knew it wasn't going to be the same... but I expected it to look a hell of a lot better than it does. :(
Sounds like complete BS to me. I wouldn't even talk to the shop, I'd go straight to the insurance company. They recommended that outfit, it's up to them to get the job dome right!

Your job is to hold the insurance company over the barrel until it is done right :mad:!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TrevorS said:
Steel~Gray said:

Sounds like complete BS to me. I wouldn't even talk to the shop, I'd go straight to the insurance company. They recommended that outfit, it's up to them to get the job dome right!

Your job is to hold the insurance company over the barrel until it is done right :mad:!
The insurance company told me that it's MY job to make sure that the car is completed to my satisfaction... probably because it's the "at fault" party's insurance, not my own insurance. I showed up there Monday morning (even missed work) so that I could talk to the "writer" face to face about all of my issues and make sure that he understood what the other guy documented when I was making my list of things that still needed to be corrected. He assured me that things would be done right this time... and I made a call to the manager of the shop to get him involved in everything too. The manager also assured me that things would be done right this time... so we'll see. Last update they had the new windshield but were waiting on the piece that goes around the windshield and several other parts... and several parts of the car were being painted.

·
Registered
464 Posts
They should repaint the entire car so it all matches just like a new car... I sure do hope they do it right for you this time. Really sorry to har that nayone has to go through all this especially a Cube owner. Bestof luck to you and your Cube... :yes:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Steel~Gray said:
The insurance company told me that it's MY job to make sure that the car is completed to my satisfaction... probably because it's the "at fault" party's insurance, not my own insurance. I showed up there Monday morning (even missed work) so that I could talk to the "writer" face to face about all of my issues and make sure that he understood what the other guy documented when I was making my list of things that still needed to be corrected. He assured me that things would be done right this time... and I made a call to the manager of the shop to get him involved in everything too. The manager also assured me that things would be done right this time... so we'll see. Last update they had the new windshield but were waiting on the piece that goes around the windshield and several other parts... and several parts of the car were being painted.
That is just SO disgusting the shop would have tried to get by on that crummy effort. Redefines the entire concept of sleaze. Well, regardless of how good a job they end up doing now, I'd say they've earned ripping apart with everybody you know and perhaps a letter to the editor or two as well as sharing the bad experience on any local public bulletin boards. Photos of the car as "ready" to pick up wouldn't be bad either. Perhaps best to wait until the car is indeed repaired to your satisfaction though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts