Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so before I do the whole interior with FatMat, I thought, hrm, will I mess with the airbag system if I remove the front seats...

Anyone does this yet or had prior experience?

I'm assuming unhooking the battery is a must, but don't know (never had experience before) pulling seats with airbags in them...

Advice is much appriciated...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't think you'll have much to worry about as long as you disconnect the battery like you said. I actually took out a steering wheel airbag on one of my old cars during a steering column repair I did. Once you replace everything, as long as all is in it's right spot the ECU will never know the seats were out.
Someone on here replaced a steering wheel I think...maybe they can chime in for you.
You are really going all out on this sound deadeding. I'll be using Second Skin but I don't think I'll be removing seats :no:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I am waiting on my rear kappa speakers but stop at my stereo store weekly to see if they are in. Showed pics of my install and they were like damn we don't do pillars or even half what you did. :) nice to hear I impressed them!

I ended up running out of material before pulling the front seats, got all the way up to the drop the front of the back seats.

Will need another 25 sq/ft to finih it.

You can bie pics in my gallery of the install. Was fun :)

Drove a cube today (buddies now with my sales guy). It's so freaking quiet! The depart sales manager was like that's awesome man and mentioned having work done beforeselling them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
While we are talking about seat removal can anyone tell me the tool and size needed to undo whatever kinda bolts are holding down the back frame on the front passenger seat? I'm turning this my 2009 Cube into a one person camping car and just do not need the extra seat. The back came out easily with socket wrench as well as the front bolts on the passenger seat but the back needs some kinda star shaped tool and I do not know what it is or the size needed. Thanks. Really? I need to consider a seat bag IN the seat first??? Thanks!

·
Registered
686 Posts
It is probably a TORX head. Just stop at your local auto parts store; they will probably be happy to look at it and sell you the proper tool. They are not very expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts