Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced speakers in 4 doors. I don't have a removal tool so broke a few white plastices plugs/peices that attached to door panel to the door.
Anyway know where can I get a replacement for those things? Hopefully don't cost too much or I 'll just live without it.

thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep! But I didn't find specific ones Nissan cars. They have one for Nissan trucks which do not look like the ones for the Cube.

·
2,084 Posts
Yeah you may have to go by measurements.

I would also suggest to see the Manual posted under Cube it your self, you may find the part number there.

·
Registered
671 Posts
My experience is dealer pricing for clips is acceptable as long as you only need a very few. That way you are guaranteed an exact replacement. My experience with removing interior panels is there is no substitute for taking your time and being as gentle as the clips allow. By the way, Harbor Freight sells a set of four very inexpensive but effective interior panel pry bars -- item# 95214.

·
Registered
263 Posts
TrevorS said:
My experience is dealer pricing for clips is acceptable as long as you only need a very few. That way you are guaranteed an exact replacement. My experience with removing interior panels is there is no substitute for taking your time and being as gentle as the clips allow. By the way, Harbor Freight sells a set of four very inexpensive but effective interior panel pry bars -- item# 95214.
+1

The interior clips i think run about 1.00 or so. Very much worth it if you have to replace a few like TrevorS said. If you have this month's Super Street, there is actually a Harbor Freight coupon in an add to buy the panel tools for 1.98 or something simliar... it's good until Jan 10, 2010 I believe. I was going to buy some for my work, but complications arose and I couldn't get there. Always remember, if you can't use a panel tool, tape the screw driver to protect your panel and paint, and always try to pivot as close to the actual clip as possible. Sorry to hear you had some bad luck! But it's nothing that can't be undone! Try to put the clips back in, as you make introduce some rattles into your interior, and that would ruin the point of upgrading your sound system! Best of luck!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info at harbor freight.

I was there last weekend and purchased the torx set to get the front seat remove. Only need T50 bit but got whole set for $10.
Works like a charm. My system is now up and running. Put in some components (2way) Kicker speaker for the front and rear doors.
The 4ch Sony amp is hooked up to factory based headunit. Sounds pretty strong with good bass so no need for subwoofer for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts