Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

remote protector

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  whtbst 
#1 ·
not sure where to post this..

found these for the intelli-key remote.. those remotes are pricey so a little bit of rubber can do some good.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
My remote it attached to my key. Is that the remote for the push button start?

#5 ·
Boxcar said:
yes, its the intelligent key that comes with the sl preferred package.

this is the only reason i got the cvt. i love it. would love it more if it came with the 6spd.

#6 ·
#8 ·
ChristineK said:
Steel~Gray said:
ChristineK said:
I have been told not to get this key near my BlackBerry as the key will somehow be reprogrammed. I wonder it this boot would heap shield it.
Where did you hear that?
Here ;) I have been told this extends beyond the vehicles listed.

NISSAN warns that cellphones could disable intelligent keys

http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/25/nissan-na-warns-that-cellphones-could-disable-intelligent-keys/
That's a little scary... hope it never happens to any of us!

#10 ·
tbone13 said:
Boxcar said:
yes, its the intelligent key that comes with the sl preferred package.

this is the only reason i got the cvt. i love it. would love it more if it came with the 6spd.
Thanks.

#11 ·
Nissan and Infiniti recalled most iKeys several months ago for this problem. I sold my 2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan Sport a few days ago (to get a Cube) and the Infiniti dealer reprogrammed the two iKeys last November (free of charge) that came with my G. I doubt there will be the same issue with the Cube having only launched a few months ago, but it won't cost owners a dime because the recall (if there is one) will take care of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.