Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to install the rear roof spoiler? how easy is it to do this and how does it attach to the roof? Thanks I just wanted to add this to my Cube, I have always liked the look. Thanks ahead of time everyone who responds....

·
Registered
715 Posts
gee! im guessing it may be floded with a lot of double sided tape or it may be required to drill a couple holes for studs....you should check ebay sometimes the sellers have instructions on how to do it down with the pics,
i been interested on doing that as well lately

·
Registered
839 Posts
TropicalCube said:
Thanks I will check.... :roll:
Tropical, I haven't installed one on the Cube so don't know the specifics. But I have installed factory rear roof / hatch spoilers on several other makes and models and it can vary from make and model. But for the most part the spoiler should come with a template for drilling holes if it mounts with studs (most do because of the down force caused by air flow). Sometimes the inside of the roof and / or hatch will have access holes to get to the studs, some don't have these access holes and you will have to drill a hole then get plastic plugs to cover the holes when finished. I usually get these from Lowes.

If your application requires holes for studs and your roof / hatch doesn't have access holes. My suggestion is, when drilling for the studs from the outside, use a long bit and drill through to the inside. The hole left on the inside will serve as a pilot hole and properly locate the inside stud access hole. Then use a step drill to open up the inside access hole to the proper size. After installing the spoiler use a plastic plug to close up the access hole. Even if your spoiler mounts with studs, the mounting surface should also use double sided tape to aid in mounting as well as acting as a water seal. - Dan

·
Registered
582 Posts
Mine came with studs. However, It was an issue because of the angle of the studs and how they would affect the liner. The body shop I use removed the studs and installed it with industrial epoxy and sealer. Two weeks ago the covered parking at my apartment collapsed because of snow. My spoiler punched through the metal roof! I have $2,000.00 damage but the spoiler just needs a re-paint.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow sorry to heart about the damage to your Cube, I guess the spoiler is really tough, and thanks for the advice everyone...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts