Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t know where to even look for it. Maybe it evaporates after a while, but I definitely hear a loud sloshing when I drive after a heavy rain. It sounds like it’s a lot of water that has a lot of room to get shaken around somewhere in front of the drivers seat. Can anyone help me understand where to look for it first of all, how to drain it, and most importantly, how to prevent it from happening again? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don’t know where to even look for it. Maybe it evaporates after a while, but I definitely hear a loud sloshing when I drive after a heavy rain. It sounds like it’s a lot of water that has a lot of room to get shaken around somewhere in front of the drivers seat. Can anyone help me understand where to look for it first of all, how to drain it, and most importantly, how to prevent it from happening again? Thanks
Try here:
Have a leak in the cargo area

My cube had a horrible leak in the back. Body shop stripped it down, removed all interior chairs, console, you name it. Pulled up all carpet. Had water all the way up to the front foot wells. The foam underneath was moldy. Body shop did a water leak test and could not find where the water was getting in. I did my own research and found a couple articles where water came in through these vent flaps that are supposed to let air out, but not in. I put paper towels along the bottom edge of rear door to try to track water coming in. Sure enough, water came in through those flaps. I dug in and used silicone sealant to make some barriers above and around the vents taking care not to stop the functionality of the vents. It was a pain, but I was not going to risk getting brand new carpeting and underlayment wet and moldy again. I keep watch over it, but this far my paper towels have remained dry. Nissan dealers had NEVER heard of this so there was no help from them. Craziness. Good luck. Check your area where the jack and lug nut wrench are. I had water in there, too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The rear door on my 2009 Cube SL leaks horribly (and it's not just the vents). First time I took it through a carwash, soapy water poured in through the rubber "seals" around the door. Luckily, it drains out the back instead of flowing towards the front. Never park with the front end angled down. If it rains, the water will flow into the car, instead of out the back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fortunately, I've not noticed any water in the passenger compartment, or behind the back seat. This water that is collecting seems to be under the hood somewhere or behind the dash. I do park facing downhill often though, so I'll at least try to back into the driveway now and see if that makes a difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts