Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the antenna connection, there are four plugs going into the rear of the factory radio. Putting in the new Pioneer, I am using just one of those plugs - power and speakers. The other three will be left unattached. I'm assuming that they are for the iPod and anything else that could have been connected in the Cube. In other words, it's OK to leave them unattached. The Pioneer has connections for iPod, XM, and back up camera, and I will be using all of them.

Antenna question: The Cube has a two-wire plug for the antenna. The adaptor I got has the standard round antenna connection, plus a blue wire. Where does that blue wire connect?

·
Registered
161 Posts
JerryC....

The large 20 pin connection as you found out has 99% of what you need.

The 8 pin connection is for the iPod, the 16 pin connection is for the phone, so neither of these are needed.

The 3 pin wire is for the antenna amp. Actually, I think you might need to connect that one to get reception for FM. Otherwise the amp will not be powered. Your pioneer should have something you can use as well. All it needs is +12 when the radio is on.

I'm making the assumption you had the "type A" radio in your car. The connections are different. One has 5 connections for instance.

Cheers!

Dang

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Dang. The new radio has iPod, etc. I'm including a picture of the antenna adaptor I have. So you think the blue wire would go to 12v?

Jerry

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Oh that's cool. They gave you the right adapter!

That lines up with the three pin connector right? 1st pin is amp power, second it the antenna return, so it looks correct. You'd connect the blue wire to the "remote power" wire on your Pioneer (which is usually blue as well.)

Cheers!

Dang

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found something in the installation booklet. There is a Blu/Wh wire, labeled "wired remote," in a smaller Pioneer harness. This is for a wired remote control for the amp. It says not to use this wire for an external amp, auto antenna relay control, or "antenna booster power control terminal."

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK. Got it. The blue wire from the antenna adaptor goes to the blue Pioneer wire that controls the power antenna (which the Cube doesn't have). The power from this blue wire will power the antenna amplifier.

Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, but I don't. It came with the Pioneer I got from Crutchfield. It should be easy to get at any radio shop - just a Nissan (Cube) antenna adaptor.

Jerry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts