Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so when I had the factory radio/cd player that came with the Cube, I picked up all the radio stations and the signal was great.

I have since replaced the factory radio with a pioneer dvd player and now the radio signal gets weak sometimes and the musci starts to fade and then it picks back up again. It keeps going in and out of reception. Some radio stations work better than others.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks

·
Registered
672 Posts
I'm in the process of installing a Pioneer, and I might be able to help. You must have used an antenna adaptor to connect to the Nissan antenna plug. There is a wire - probably blue - on that antenna adaptor. From what I understand, that blue wire has to be connected to the (blue, I think) wire on one of the Pioneer plugs. It will be labeled for the power antenna. I know - the Cube doesn't have a power antenna. What that blue wire does is supply power to the Nissan antenna amplifier. If the radio isn't getting an amplified signal, that's probably why you don't get a good signal.

I don't know what your Pioneer directions were like, but mine leave lots of room for improvement. The directions for the backup camera came on a large fold-out sheet. It is printed in ten languages - but not English. The little diagrams are in English, though.

Jerry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts