Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the parking lights in the front headlight. does anyone know how to take it off so i can change the bulbs. unlike the side marker it doesnt just come off i try to turn it like the signal.
someone please help

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
Have you figured this out??

If not has anyone else figured it out?

Maybe it's just me and my big hands having problems getting in there but so did my wife and she's got tiny hands. But is there an easier way to get them out so I can swap out the bulbs??

·
Registered
268 Posts
IIRC the only way to switch out the parking bulbs is to remove the headlight assembly. Although you might have access to it if you remove the splash guard but I am not 100% sure. I do know there are a few clips and a few bolts to remove the bumper. Then you should have 2 bolts holding the headlight in. After you remove those two bolts the headlight comes right out and the parking light is easy to switch. It sounds like a headache to remove all of these things, but truly you could do it in less than 40 min about.

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
Yeah that's what I was figuring. The shitty thing is that it's way too cold out to do something like that so I'm gonna have to wait for nicer weather... :(

·
Registered
407 Posts
they just twist out,
but if you dont have skinny hands,
youll have to go the full nine yards and take out the whole thing.
i got mine out after some wrist torture!
i remember one of them being really crappy to get out, driver i think,
but it can be done without taking the whole headlight out!

and if you want ill take a pic of my hand in there so you can see where to enter.
it boggled me for a minute then i just started reaching my hand through different openings till i could reach it,
then with my fingertips , i twisted the lamp housing

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
Yeah I think I tried every opening possible. I just think my hands being too big won't allow me to get in there good.. :mad:

·
Registered
2 Posts
they just twist out,
but if you dont have skinny hands,
youll have to go the full nine yards and take out the whole thing.
i got mine out after some wrist torture!
i remember one of them being really crappy to get out, driver i think,
but it can be done without taking the whole headlight out!

and if you want ill take a pic of my hand in there so you can see where to enter.
it boggled me for a minute then i just started reaching my hand through different openings till i could reach it,
then with my fingertips , i twisted the lamp housing
Hey Konjure... it's 10 years later, but if you could provide some pics of how you were able to maneuver your hand into the light housing to replace the parking light bulb... it would be immensely appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts