Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Nissan Cube, for about a year and 7 months. I would like to know what is the recommended amount of transmission oil needed before servicing the CVT transmission myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 Nissan Cube, for about a year and 7 months. I would like to know what is the recommended amount of transmission oil needed before servicing the CVT transmission myself.
The Z12 was sold in the US from 2009-2014. The CVT is notorious for failure. I highly recommend an external CVT oil cooler and then have the dealer or a Nissan specialty garage change the fluid with the factory-recommended CVT fluid. Don't mess around with the CVT with Firestone using other brands, etc. Do this every 50K miles as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a Cube 6 months ago and I read about transmission fails with the CVT if the recommended change intervals are not adhered to. I called a number of trans mission shops an no one would touch it. I took it to a dealership and was satisfied. I did due diligence on local dealers and found one with a great rep. Also read about people using the wrong brand fluid and bricking the transmission.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You didn't state miles, but let the dealer do it. They can do the diagnostics and check the fluid coming out to see how it's doing. And if you can't stand not to do it, buy Nissan fluid not an aftermarket

1 - 6 of 6 Posts