Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Nissan Cube, for about a year and 7 months. I would like to know what is the recommended amount of transmission oil needed before servicing the CVT transmission myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 Nissan Cube, for about a year and 7 months. I would like to know what is the recommended amount of transmission oil needed before servicing the CVT transmission myself.
The Z12 was sold in the US from 2009-2014. The CVT is notorious for failure. I highly recommend an external CVT oil cooler and then have the dealer or a Nissan specialty garage change the fluid with the factory-recommended CVT fluid. Don't mess around with the CVT with Firestone using other brands, etc. Do this every 50K miles as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay noted.... thanks much for guiding me through this process.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a Cube 6 months ago and I read about transmission fails with the CVT if the recommended change intervals are not adhered to. I called a number of trans mission shops an no one would touch it. I took it to a dealership and was satisfied. I did due diligence on local dealers and found one with a great rep. Also read about people using the wrong brand fluid and bricking the transmission.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts