Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am new here. Picked up my Platinum (Steel Grey) Cube in Canada.

Is there something wrong with my cube, or is it just standard that THERE IS NO LIGHTING ON THE POWER LOCK SWITCHES!!!!

This happens to me all the time - when it is dark outside and I want to drop someone off with the car running, or stop at a coffee shop just to throw out some garbage in the bin (with car still running), I fumble to find the power lock switch to the point where I have to turn on the interior light, find the switch, unlock the car, then turn off the lights. Would it have hurt to put a small light behind the switch, as they do for the power windows? jeez.

With the sun coming down early these days, it gets dark around 5PM, so its not unrealistic that this would be a convenient feature.

Or.......maybe its just my cube??

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't like that either. :no: They cheaped out on the lock switches. :sick: Maybe we can find an illuminated switch from another car that would fit? hmmmmm.... :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it's not just my cube!

This would have been a good feature, albeit, not a big deal.

You see, I traded in my Audi A6 for this car, so I went from a long luxury sedan to fun little cube! lol.

Why trade it in? maintenance and gas was killing me. plus I like the looks I get in my cube.

Almost everytime I look in my rearview mirror and there are two or more people in teh car, they will be moving their hands and pointing at the rear of my cube and commenting about it. I love it! :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Just open the door, the lights will come on, and then you can find the locking switch to unlock the door. :p ;)

It wasn't until I read this post that I realized I don't have this problem. We also have an '07 Quest and its switch is in the same location so I guess I have my muscle memory trained well. Also, the lock is right by your hand when you first try the door handle before realizing it's locked; just flip it no electronic switch needed.

·
2,084 Posts
I never really payed attention to this. I do find myself actually pulling the manual door lock and then the handle. I don't use the E- button much.

So an illuminated drink but no illuminated lock button :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the....errr.....advice folks!

now this only bugs me when the car is running. otherwise i hit the stop button, car shuts off and all lights come on and all doors unlock. i think i will look into the manual option, although this wont help with passengers. i recall a time when my friend came up to the car waiting to be let in on the passenger side, he kept flipping the door handle while i looked for the power lock button in the dark. then i had to turn on interior light to find it. once it was found, even more annnoying was that he kept pulling the handle at the same time i was pressing the button, so it would not unlock. dont u hate when that happens?! "wait till i press it, then pull the handle you goof!" lol.

FOTOMOTO - is that ur DUC? if so, nice bike. what is it 748 or 998? i had a cbr1000 at one point.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FOTOMOTO - my bad, what was |I thinking.

Looks like a CBR with a single swing arm, unless thats how they are now stock, with stubby muffler/exhaust.

In any event, nice bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is really a simple matter of time, if you do not block it mentally/emotionally by your frustration. It is just a bit of psycho/motor or neuro/motor training. In the daylight locate the button and get a feel of where it is located, feel the position on the "arm rest" with your fingers. Now do that a few times and let you body learn the feel. Now do it in the dark and your fingers will go right to the spot. You do this all the time in your normal life. Putting a key in a slot and turning it without even looking for think too much about it. That you have been doing for years. Now this is just a little different and you find the experience of not getting it right away and someone is trying to get in, etc. Smile, enjoy the experience, let your fingers and arm learn the position in a positive way and you will be writing back and telling us that it is really fun and easy to do.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I guess I should of been more specific - hit the key fob with it in the ignition - but if you have keyless well sorry. The above is right though once the memory sets in it's not too bad to find

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
skycrowe - with all due respect -i would rather just have paid a couple of hundred bucks for this feature rather than engage in some fen shui mind control operation

·
Registered
98 Posts
There is a way to disable the auto-lock feature. I did it on mine, I can't find the specifics right now, however I think I held the unlock button for 5 seconds while the ignition was in the on position... That's how I fixed it, no need to unlock doors that aren't locked...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts