Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GMC's is bringing the competition... I personally like the style of the car. The interior center console has a lot going on though. I think they might go into production, but I highly doubt it will look as good as the concept at least if they want to compete with the low pricing of the current boxy cars.
Anyways, what do you think?

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.d...TROIT&ArtNo=120009998&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=10

Attachments

·
2,084 Posts
What is interesting is GMC has never put their monicker on a CAR, only trucks and big land yachts.

As we all know GMC and Chevy are the same company, so this is not a stretch, just a stretch for the GMC logo.

·
Registered
715 Posts
looks good but i really dont think this will go farther than a concept, GM haves a lot more to deal rite now than figuring if they sell a car that cost very cheap like our cubes
plus with GM,s new credit rules i think is even harder,,,remember if you dont have 700 score or higher GM is not handing cars at all

·
Registered
472 Posts
not a huge fan, looks too tall, but i will take those tires per that sick tread pattern

·
Registered
156 Posts
ChristineK said:
The side profile reminds me of the KIA Soul.
Yeah, it really does look like the Soul from the side.

I'm still kind of surprised that the GMC division didn't get the axe back when GM was killing divisions. Like was mentioned, they are basically just the truck division of Chevrolet.

That is a neat looking car that they have there in that concept. This thing could be the reason that GM didn't kill off the GMC division. Maybe they were planning on selling a different type of car through it...

·
2,084 Posts
After I made the comment about GMC being a Truck only brand, I started noting more GMC vehicles that were not trucks!

Remember the S-10 Blazer? GMC and Oldsmobile branded that same vehicle.

The Yukon, Acadia, Terrain, Envoy also passenger vehicles. These are big people movers but still not trucks.

So I gladly eat my own words, but in the past GMC was synonymous with trucks!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think you are still right by what you said.

Those vehicles may not have a truck bed on them but in my opinion they are still trucks. Especially since most of them are based on a truck chassis.

·
Registered
981 Posts
kooks like a modern fullsize van.....

·
Registered
165 Posts
Coming from a GM family and having bought nothing but GM in the past I think it will reach a lot of new buyers and retain a few old ones if they do it right. I'm getting the cube because the closest thing to it from GM or Ford is the HHR, which I like, but it's more expensive to buy and modify.

GMC is still alive because the rebadged pickups and SUVs bring in easy profits by luring the more upscale buyer with nothing more than a few sheetmetal changes. GMC Yukon buyers have a higher income on average than buyers of the Cadillac Escalade that shares the same platform.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I like it a bunch! If GM keeps up with the rate of great products they put out this could be a contender! I have a chevy and would buy another in a "heartbeat" if they put out something affordable that I liked.

·
Registered
370 Posts
the next contender to best looking vehicle is the scion hako, and i am not going to rest until it is in production and i have one

\

as usual, if you disagree, you're wrong; shut up

·
Registered
582 Posts
The Hako concept came out in a car show in the Spring of 2008. It was a time when Toyota was considering smoothing out the Sion box shape some. IT never made it and now the new Sion is a rounder and in my opinion not nearly as cool addition to the line.

This is my opinion and if you believe differently one can assume you are an independent thinker and can come to your own well thought out conclusions ;^)

Pejay66

·
Registered
582 Posts
The Hako concept came out in a car show in the Spring of 2008. It was a time when Toyota was considering smoothing out the Scion box shape some. IT never made it and now the new Scion is a rounder and in my opinion not nearly as cool addition to the line.

This is my opinion and if you believe differently one can assume you are an independent thinker and can come to your own well thought out conclusions ;^)

Pejay66

·
Registered
582 Posts
Tried to delete first reply as I mis-spelled Scion twice! but, The modify and delete buttons do not work?

Pejay66

1 - 20 of 29 Posts