Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was at the Mall of Georgia yesterday trying to find a parking spot and circling the lot when this couple/ two people pretty much stopped dead in their tracks and stared for a good minute ( Possibly blocking traffic too). My friend in the car was kind of creeped out and told me to move LOL.... I was wondering/hoping that they drove the black cube that was parked nearby. Otherwise... creeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy........ :p

·
Registered
170 Posts
I find people stare too...I mean sure the Cube is one hell of a ride but come on the look on some people's faces makes you think you are a celebrity!

·
Registered
38 Posts
This happens to me all the time on my recumbent bicycles, and it's part of the appeal of the Cube to me (don't own...yet). Recumbents tend to make people smile and want to ask questions. I think the Cube has the same effect. Just as it is on my bikes, it's probably hard to stay in a bad mood in a Cube for long. The world won't let you. :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I agree...a big portion of my decision to purchase my Cube was based on my recent mind opening moment to not take life as serious as I have been. Too much unnecessary self stress for no reason so this helps to remind me that life can be great and fun just like the Cube.
:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Q!Cube said:
I agree...a big portion of my decision to purchase my Cube was based on my recent mind opening moment to not take life as serious as I have been. Too much unnecessary self stress for no reason so this helps to remind me that life can be great and fun just like the Cube.
:)
Amen, brother. I tend to be a 'serious guy' myself, and it can be a tiring waste of time. I'm all for lightening up and, if we're lucky, having that effect on somebody else. Get on yer bike/in yer Cube and spread the love! :D

·
2,084 Posts
I get the stop and stare a lot too, I especially like the ones that point too, so as not to doubt what they are looking at.

I have seen it all in this vehicle.

·
Registered
38 Posts
ChristineK said:
I get the stop and stare a lot too, I especially like the ones that point too, so as not to doubt what they are looking at.

Uh, Christine, I'll go ahead and say what every guy (and half the girls) here are thinking: Your 'stop-and-stares' may not be entirely Cube-related. 8)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I tend to get stared at also.. I have come up to a light and have a driver next to me just stare and i have to say it does creep me out a bit...LOL just not used to it I guess.. I tend to just roll up my windows ( dark illegal tint ) by the way... I did find myself following another cube on my way home by the way.. it was kinda funny because i sped around him just to see whose was driving this cube. it ended up being my Nissan salesman that sold me mine ! lol He immediately called me and said he was delivering it to another Nissan dealership in town... WEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRD!!!!!! lol ;D

·
Registered
304 Posts
ChristineK said:

I get the people that point too. And I've had at least 3 people take pictures with their camera phones... that's what I find the oddest! Oh and once I looked in my rearview mirror at a stop light and saw a couple making weird hand gestures... after a minute or two I realized that they were trying to figure out which way the rear door opened! Made me laugh!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Cubers gang, not "Cubist", that's a recognized art form completely distinct from the Cube :)! (Not meaning to suggest the Cube isn't the ultimate in cool :D!) Hey, if they're staring, you must be doing something right -- yes :)! Normalcy seems to be to accept nothing but what oneself (and one's obligatory socially acceptable peer group) tacitly approves, ergo, making waves is good, yes ;D!

Happy Cubing :D!

·
Registered
38 Posts
TrevorS said:
Cubers gang, not "Cubist" that's a recognized art form completely distinct from the Cube :)! (Not meaning to suggest the Cube isn't the ultimate in cool :D!) Hey, if they're staring, you must be doing something right -- yes :)! Normalcy seems to be to accept nothing but what oneself (and one's obligatory socially acceptable peer group) formally approves, ergo, making waves is good, yes ;D!

Happy Cubing :D!
Deep, brother. I like it. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
While I was waiting in my cube for my sister-in-law to buy gas in her car, a woman knocked on the window, "Sorry to bother you, I just had to say that you're car's cute as hell! We don't need this thing anymore *gestures to the F-250 she got out of* it's just us and the two wiener dogs!"

How awesomely awkward...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts