Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinions please! I'm planning to purchase a 2014 Cube with 68000 miles I'm just concerned if this is a bad idea?

·
Registered
35 Posts
My only advice would be this... If it has a CVT (automatic transmission) ask if it's been regularly serviced. The CVT fluid should have been changed twice at 30K and 60K miles. If you test drive it, make sure it gets up to operating temperature and there's no transmission slippage or transmission noise when accelerating from a stop. The CVTs are pretty much the only trouble maker when it comes to Cubes. 68,000 is considered fairly average miles for a car (~10K per year) and for a Nissan engine, low mileage. I have a 2012 Cube with 40K miles that I've had for 1 1/2 years and I have no worries with it because it has low miles and a 6 speed manual. If the CVT has been properly serviced you should be OK. If you can, the best advice is to have it properly checked by a certified mechanic even if it costs you to do so. All used cars are sold "As Is" unless you have a written warranty stating otherwise.
I hope it works out for you. We Cube owners love our babies. Also welcome to Nissan Cube Life.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Cube
3 Posts
Before I bought my 2012 with 105k I checked reviews on my vehicle in edmunds.com, KKB and cars com.
It got great reviews so I bought him. I drove him 1200 miles just 2 weeks after I bought Cubie. Not one problem. Got over 30 mtg as well. Good luck:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts