Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to dive in and start cleaning my Cube.

Here is what I have so far:
1.) Rainx high foaming wash&wax with Carnauba Wax Beads
2.) Ice Synthetic liquid polish (made by Turtle Wax)
3.) ArmorAll Extreme Tire Shine Gel
4.) ArmorAll Ultra Shine Protectant (for inside the car)
5.) Purple Power Auto Glass Cleaner

Has anyone used these products?? Especially the Liquid Wax. I want to know if these are good buys or did I waste my money and should get something else.
;D ;D ;D ;D "thanks for your replies" ;D ;D ;D ;D

Here are the pics

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Looks like good stuff............everyone has a preference. Do you have microfiber towels?? You'll find out when you wash the car how well the carwash det you've chosen works. Make sure to dry the car by hand when you're done to avoid water spots. I used Mother's car wash on my first Scion xb and immediately developed water spots (BAD ones) because of the hard water where I live. Had to switch.
When the time comes and you feel like REALLY doing things up........look into A ClayBar. Professionals use them and they are becoming more and more popular. Believe me, they DO work. Google auto detailing and watch a couple of videos on detailing and clay bar use. When I detailed my bright yellow xb it looked like the paint was wet. The finish was unbelievable !! Likewise for my neighbor's red pickup. Almost forgot.........if you can find them, get some Mother's Bug Wipes. I haven't been able to find them for a while around here, but they are extremely effective on bug stains and tar removal.
I'm no authority...........everyone has their own opinion. Dig up a couple of videos and see what the professionals do. 8)

Never ever drop a claybar...........

·
2,084 Posts
When I was in the show car circuit the pros dry their car with leaf blowers, it is touchless and also leaves no water spots. There is the neighbor factor, people will think you are crazy till they see how well it works.

I have a gas powered one I have never used to suck up leaves, only blow them around. This trick works great for intricate wheels with deep lugs. There is nothing like trying to apply tire shine and water drips out of a lug hole. With the blower all the water on the wheel is blown away.

I have used Turtle waxe's soap wax, it worked great and you can see the way in the product as it separates in the bottle. You have to shake it up before use. The water beads off the car and windows. I also like to wax the windows too. This further enhances the water beading effect.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Starbuck said:
Looks like good stuff............everyone has a preference. Do you have microfiber towels?? You'll find out when you wash the car how well the carwash det you've chosen works. Make sure to dry the car by hand when you're done to avoid water spots. I used Mother's car wash on my first Scion xb and immediately developed water spots (BAD ones) because of the hard water where I live. Had to switch.
When the time comes and you feel like REALLY doing things up........look into A ClayBar. Professionals use them and they are becoming more and more popular. Believe me, they DO work. Google auto detailing and watch a couple of videos on detailing and clay bar use. When I detailed my bright yellow xb it looked like the paint was wet. The finish was unbelievable !! Likewise for my neighbor's red pickup. Almost forgot.........if you can find them, get some Mother's Bug Wipes. I haven't been able to find them for a while around here, but they are extremely effective on bug stains and tar removal.
I'm no authority...........everyone has their own opinion. Dig up a couple of videos and see what the professionals do. 8)

Never ever drop a claybar...........
Thanks Starbuck, I will check out the video thing. Never heard of Clay Bar but sounds worth looking into. I will try the products you suggested, hopefully Autozone carries them :-\

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ChristineK said:
When I was in the show car circuit the pros dry their car with leaf blowers, it is touchless and also leaves no water spots. There is the neighbor factor, people will think you are crazy till they see how well it works.

I have a gas powered one I have never used to suck up leaves, only blow them around. This trick works great for intricate wheels with deep lugs. There is nothing like trying to apply tire shine and water drips out of a lug hole. With the blower all the water on the wheel is blown away.

I have used Turtle waxe's soap wax, it worked great and you can see the way in the product as it separates in the bottle. You have to shake it up before use. The water beads off the car and windows. I also like to wax the windows too. This further enhances the water beading effect.
The leaf blower sounds interesting and sounds like a real time saver. I noticed that the water on my Cube kinda collects under the lights "rear brake light housing, front headlight housing and side marker housings. No matter how much I wipe, there is more water hidden in there. :roll: The Leaf Blower thingy should knock that one out, probably will do electric though.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Looks like some pretty decent products, and as already mentioned clay bar your car occasionally. it will make your car happy.

Like Christine said, a leaf blower does a great job drying off your car. - Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts