Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade in the performance department on my 2009. Versaspeed use to show and sell the interchangeable parts for the cube, versa and juke, but they’re no longer around. Does anyone have info on interchangeable performance parts here in the US? Mainly looking for bolt-ons, such as header and exhaust, intake, or any other upgrades in performance.
About to swap out old engine for a lower mile unit and would like to do any swaps and upgrades as I’m putting in the new engine.
TIA

·
Registered
170 Posts
Looking to upgrade in the performance department on my 2009. Versaspeed use to show and sell the interchangeable parts for the cube, versa and juke, but they’re no longer around. Does anyone have info on interchangeable performance parts here in the US? Mainly looking for bolt-ons, such as header and exhaust, intake, or any other upgrades in performance.
About to swap out old engine for a lower mile unit and would like to do any swaps and upgrades as I’m putting in the new engine.
TIA
This is my recommendation for bolt-on, I live in California so everything has to be carb approved. I have used injen intake but didn't like it due to blocking my battery and its a long tube, I now have a Takeda intake which I do love and it's carb approved, you can get it on their website or eBay. I also have a j2 Catback exhaust which I don't recommend because I had to spend a lot of time and money to get it fit right even tho it's made for the cube the fitting just sucked. I didn have an axle-back Stillen exhaust before but they don't make them anymore I noticed a slight more gain with a catback exhaust vs an axle back. You can still get a full catback made by DC sports for the cube or versa.

One more thing that may make a little difference is a light weight pulley, I had one made by NST you have to custom order or J2 racing also makes a light weight pulley.

As far as headers go DC sports made a shorty header for the versa and the cube but it is not carb approved and my exhaust guy said it would be improved that much since the cube or versa engine has a decent manifold.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is my recommendation for bolt-on, I live in California so everything has to be carb approved. I have used injen intake but didn't like it due to blocking my battery and its a long tube, I now have a Takeda intake which I do love and it's carb approved, you can get it on their website or eBay. I also have a j2 Catback exhaust which I don't recommend because I had to spend a lot of time and money to get it fit right even tho it's made for the cube the fitting just sucked. I didn have an axle-back Stillen exhaust before but they don't make them anymore I noticed a slight more gain with a catback exhaust vs an axle back. You can still get a full catback made by DC sports for the cube or versa.

One more thing that may make a little difference is a light weight pulley, I had one made by NST you have to custom order or J2 racing also makes a light weight pulley.

As far as headers go DC sports made a shorty header for the versa and the cube but it is not carb approved and my exhaust guy said it would be improved that much since the cube or versa engine has a decent manifold.
Thanks for the suggestions. I’m looking into the pulley, found the J2 on their website. I’ll probably have a local shop work on my exhaust. Did you notice a big sound difference in exhausts? I don’t want it too loud because my wife will be driving it some. That’s probably why I’ll leave the stock header too. I would guess an aftermarket header would add some noise.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I’m looking into the pulley, found the J2 on their website. I’ll probably have a local shop work on my exhaust. Did you notice a big sound difference in exhausts? I don’t want it too loud because my wife will be driving it some. That’s probably why I’ll leave the stock header too. I would guess an aftermarket header would add some noise.
Actually the catback has the stock resonator welded on. So I get a slight aggressive sound but not drowning. I bought the exhaust from another person and he had the original resonator welded.
The axle-back exhaust if you can find one is not bad also in the sound dept. Overall you will get a louder exhaust noise in the cabin but I don't think it's drowning. The amount of HP for the header and cost to buy and install isn't worth it the Hp gain. I think a lightweight pulley (when you get it installed change your belt also unless its fairly new, save money by getting both at one shot), intake (recommend Takeda)
One of the import magazines compared every single intake for the cube and Takeda (carb approved) was one of the best along with Fujita intake. I chose takeda since its carb approved. They also compared two exhausts one was the Stillen axle-back and the other was the DC sports catback. Very minimal difference with the catback a slight edge in HP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts