Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1.8S with the Ginormous Package...I know the SL has the outside temp on the guages...Does anyone know if this can be added by just adding the sensor or do you have to have the auto AC unit??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thought about that too. I know on certain vehicles the sensor and everything else is there just need a procedure or a OBD II scanner to "turn the option on".

I had a Mazda3 hatch back in the day that had a on board trip computer that calculated mileage, fuel economy, etc. but Mazda had the feature turned off and it was just a matter of following a certain procedure to turn it on.

·
2,084 Posts
I have an SL with the preferred package and the interior temp is on the Auto AC in the center console, the outside temp is on the Dash instrument cluster. It would seen more cost efficient to have the same cluster in both vehicles but, who knows.

It is like the impact sensors, if you want it added it is $100.00, I doubt they add this to each location, they just add a chip and the sensors are already there.

Christine ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the same cluster but I just don't how to make the outside temp to come on....either I need to add a sensor or it might just need to be turned on.....

just like the fog lights I just installed...I took out the plastic fillers for the fog lights pushed them in place and the wiring was already there..I just plugged them in...the only thing additional is that I changed the switch inside which comes with the fog lights

·
Registered
25 Posts
jasonbillups said:
It's the same cluster but I just don't how to make the outside temp to come on....either I need to add a sensor or it might just need to be turned on.....

just like the fog lights I just installed...I took out the plastic fillers for the fog lights pushed them in place and the wiring was already there..I just plugged them in...the only thing additional is that I changed the switch inside which comes with the fog lights
Im planning to do this with alot of "extra" stuff that didnt come on my base Cube.. If they are the exact same clusters(same part#) then yes, it would need to be turned on somehow.. It would be adding the temp sensor in addition to this.. I doubt just installing the sensor would make it work because let say you had a bad temp sensor.. The display wouldnt just show nothing, it would show like -396 degrees or something like that.. So there is surely some way to "turn on" the display to make it work..

·
Registered
89 Posts
I looked at the posted service manual. Looks like outside temp sensor is there. The way I read it a software program is needed to activate. Maybe a Nissan tech on the board can help us.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i'm bumpin this because i can see the display for the temp when the light hits the dash just right. it's gotta be just a matter of turning it on.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I'm no guru on this or anything close. But the cube has a location on the dash for two sensors. One is for the auto headlights and the other is a sun sensor. I can only assume the sun sensor is tied into the climate controll and / or the outside temp display. The wiring harness (plug) is there for both taped up under the dash. I think if you don't have climate control and add the two sensors you may be able to read outside temps, and if you've upgraded your car with foglights and used the setup for auto head lights you would also have this as well. - Dan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ive done a bit of research and called dealers etc...
Unfortunately there is no way to add or turn on the ext temp display on the cluster without adding auto climate control.
As you can see from the functional flow chart the ambient temp sensor is connected directly to the auto climate control. in other words if you don't have auto climate control you cant have the outside temp display. BTW i believe the ambient temp sensor is located in front of the radiator the sensors behind the glove box are for the sun-load sensor and the auto headlight sensor. :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
For me, this is a new subject as I recently bought my cube about 2 months ago now. I'm determined to figure something out, but if someone already has, please direct me to that information.

either way, I would love to have an external temp gauge to refer to while driving. So did anyone ever come up with anything ingenuitive?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts