Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! my name is Brittney and I ordered my cube a week ago. Moss Green/6spd. the dealers oin my area NEVER carry 6 spd, so I had to order it and wait :( Anyone know how long that takes? I currently drive a honda fit that I'm trading in :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Congrats!

Are you ordering an 09 or 10? Wait times have been pretty long IMO but if they are literally coming off the assembly line in Japan and then shipped here you have to take that into account. 2-3 months sometimes! Now, if the dealer is looking at regional/national inventory it could be a few days to a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Welcome Brittney, hope your wait isn't too long and painful. I couldn't wait so I drove from TN. to FL. to get a 6 speed "S". Well worth the drive. Keep us posted and post pics when you get it. - Dan

·
Registered
222 Posts
If the dealership placed an order on the Cube, it typically takes between 2-3 months before it arrives at the dealership.

·
Registered
839 Posts
fit_love said:
two to three months? :( they told me 6-8 weeks. i cant wait that long :/

thansk for the welcomes!
Most of the dealerships will tell you it's about 6/8 weeks because traditionally that's the wait time. But because these are acrually built in Japan it's been quite a bit longer for most. - Dan

·
Registered
14 Posts
Square1 said:
fit_love said:
two to three months? :( they told me 6-8 weeks. i cant wait that long :/

thansk for the welcomes!
Most of the dealerships will tell you it's about 6/8 weeks because traditionally that's the wait time. But because these are acrually built in Japan it's been quite a bit longer for most. - Dan
One of the problems was the year end close out. 09's are still in stock and the actual delivery date of the 2010's is supposed to be the end of November from what I was told. Mine is supposed to be in by the end of November which would put it at 2 months or 8 weeks. I too ordered a 6 speed because no one carries them around here. I could have bought all kinds of CVT's in an 09 model. I'm just happy to get a 2010!

·
2,084 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Brittney 8)

So why did you trade in the FIT?

I still have my Fit and love them both. I am finding more and more parts are interchangeable :D

·
Registered
671 Posts
fit_love said:
I recognize you from fitfreak!! lol im trading in the fit because I'm 20, and can't afford both hah
So, are you into the Cube's distinctive looks, or the greater cargo capacity?

Either way, both the Fit and Cube are pretty nifty cars. If there's a delay before you can get the model you want (which is definitely the one to get ;D), at least you have a fun car to wait it out in! Hang tight -- it'll be fine :)!

·
2,084 Posts
I have a Fit and a Cube. The Fit has no XM,

I get 40 plus MPG on the FIT Manual regular. Its lowered 2 inches and looks spiffy tinted.

I get 34 plus in the cube and get lot of looks.

The cube's seats drop but the Fit is by far more useful with storage and use of space with the magic seat. A woman can almost stand straight up in a Fit. You can put (carry home) a 60" Plasma in the back seat of a Fit as I did it. Plasma must be upright and cannot be laid down.

·
Registered
410 Posts
the fit is what i was going to buy until i saw the cube, it was love at first sight :yes: congratulations

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dealers also buy from each other. I bought mine at HALL NISSAN in Chesapeake, Virginia. They had lots of them to choose from, but some had a "market adjustment" added to the price of the car. I told the salesperson that would have to go if they wanted to sell a car that day. Hey, he did that and caved in on some other demands I made. I have heard that the "market adjustment" was because somebody may have ordered it and it came in from another lot, but then the deal fell through or something. anyway, good luck to you, it is worth the wait.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Excellent choice in vehicle and I happen to own the same color.

Enjoy your new ride. I love my cube. I traded in an 07' FX4 truck for my cube.

Twice the gas milage but I can't off road anymore.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts