Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this orange dot have any significant ? I checked the manual and couldnt find any info about it.
It on when i start and quickly turn fade off

·
Registered
981 Posts
lol, in an auto thats where the D, N, R, etc go, obviously the manuel doesnt need that, i think they shoulda put which gear your in there.

·
Registered
407 Posts
i concur! a gear location or shift light would be cool for us 6 speeders! but no love...

·
Registered
94 Posts
konjure said:
i concur! a gear location or shift light would be cool for us 6 speeders! but no love...
Hm, I thought it would have been a shift light but I've never pushed mine over 5k so I didn't see it come on. Maybe I'll try it out tomorrow!

·
Registered
407 Posts
i havent either, i need to go for a drive! lets red line this box :mad:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Not a shift light! I routinely drive over 5K in my baby, and thankfully she doesn't have to use anything but the red line to tell me when to shift.

·
Registered
981 Posts
its to represent the sun between the earth(speedo) and moon(rev count) just so there is somthing there for the manuel.

·
Registered
657 Posts
i have hit red line many many times well over 6k maybe even 7k rpm but i dont ever remembering that light coming on. i wish it would say what gear im in not that anyone that drives a stick would need a car to tell which gear the cars in but it would of been nice

·
Registered
981 Posts
meisrandy said:
i wish it would say what gear im in not that anyone that drives a stick would need a car to tell which gear the cars in but it would of been nice
yeah, but it woulda made it even more strange. XD

·
Registered
839 Posts
It appears to be just a light to fill the hole where the shift indicator would be in an ATX. It's def not a shift light as some have thought, if it were it would'nt come on at the high shift point as does a shift light on an after market monster tach. Instead it would be like many other cars with a shift indicator light that would illuminate at shift points for best economy, not for racing purposes. But in the case of the Cube, it's just a light to fill a void...LOL

·
Registered
686 Posts
While at the dealer for the fuel recall fix I asked the technician; he did not know, but promised to find out and email me.

·
Registered
981 Posts
GUYS! manual doesnt need it so its there to fill the hole.

·
Registered
981 Posts
why not? they spent extra to make the speedo and rev counter different colours.

·
Registered
686 Posts
From the 2010 Service Manual:

ENGINE-START EFFECT FUNCTION
For CVT Models
When "engine start" is read, the effect of comfort starts only once by turning on combination meter illumination
stepwise and sweeping the needles of speedometer and tachometer.
For M/T Models
When "engine start" is read, the effect of comfort starts only once by turning on combination meter illumination
and start-up lamp stepwise and sweeping the needles of speedometer and tachometer.

I am still no further enlightened.

·
Registered
582 Posts
As was stated earlier it is a filler for standard transmissions since CVT gear positions are not needed. They did not add anything as the background lighting for the group is always there. It is just the digital template that changes.

Pejay66

·
Registered
839 Posts
tomcj2 said:
From the 2010 Service Manual:

ENGINE-START EFFECT FUNCTION
For CVT Models
stepwise and sweeping the needles of speedometer and tachometer.
For M/T Models
and start-up lamp stepwise and sweeping the needles of speedometer and tachometer.

I am still no further enlightened.
Now that's funny. Whoever wrote this must have invented doubletalk...LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts