Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK.. I need a little help from all of the Offset guru's. I'm looking at some wheels that come in sizes 16x7+25 and 16x8+0. I was thinking of running the staggered set up. I know that the Bean Garage Cube is running 16x7+26 in front... so those would basically be exactly the same.. and they are running 16x8+26 in the back... by my math, going from a +26 to a +0 would move the wheel 26mm or basically an inch... so I could expect them to stick out about an inch farther than the SSR's on the Bean garage cube, correct?

·
Registered
253 Posts
That's correct. But that also means the rear tires will be sticking out beyond the fenders by an inch. I'm running a 15x7 with a +15 offset in the rear and the tires are just flush with the fenders. If that was a 15x8 with the same offset, the tire would be sticking out at least half an inch if not more.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm.. that is a great shot. definitely shows the fitment of your offset. thanks. I'm thinking a 16x8 +0 will be too far out for my taste... 16x8 +25 would be perfect... but they don't make that offset in the wheel I want... so maybe 16x7 +25 all around.

what is the offset on your fronts?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks! The offset in the front is +38. I'm thinking those 16x7 +25 wheels you're talking about will make the fronts stick out about the same as my rears do.

Here's a few more pics to show the offset and fitment...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm.. damn, so many choices out there and none of them fit our cubes quite right... unless you want to spend mucho money fron one of the JDM companies that offer every size and offset.

·
Registered
253 Posts
CubeRich said:
hmmm.. damn, so many choices out there and none of them fit our cubes quite right... unless you want to spend mucho money fron one of the JDM companies that offer every size and offset.
Oh I don't know. I think my wheels fit quite nicely, better than I originally thought they were. They give my Cube a nice wide, somewhat aggressive stance. They actually make it appear as though the Cube has been lowered a bit. Don't ask me how, but they do.

Maybe take a look at my wheels (Maxxim Screech) in the 16" variety.

·
Registered
253 Posts
elDizzle_foShizzle said:
chops: great pics! your homework paid off well! that looks pretty sweet! i forgot if i asked: are you gonna lower this thing sooner or later?
Thanks Shizzle! Yeah, asking enough questions, reading enough older threads, looking at as many Google pics as I could find of the Cube, both state-side and in Japan, both new and old, I think I made the right choice. And the fact that these "old school" wheels go so well with the modern roundness of the Cube is a major plus!

As far as lowering, it'll be coming soon enough. Not right away but maybe a few months down the road. I always have too many projects going at once, which includes at least two or three for the Cube as we speak, plus several others that are totally unrelated. That and trying to build up the funds to pay for said projects.

·
Registered
134 Posts
look up wheels made by MHT Wheels.
they manufacture the wheels under a whole bunch of different names.
and pretty much all of them come in any offset, without the ridiculous pricing.

·
Registered
657 Posts
CubeRich said:
OK.. I need a little help from all of the Offset guru's. I'm looking at some wheels that come in sizes 16x7+25 and 16x8+0. I was thinking of running the staggered set up. I know that the Bean Garage Cube is running 16x7+26 in front... so those would basically be exactly the same.. and they are running 16x8+26 in the back... by my math, going from a +26 to a +0 would move the wheel 26mm or basically an inch... so I could expect them to stick out about an inch farther than the SSR's on the Bean garage cube, correct?

i love beans cube i really do but i think they can run a bit lower offset just a bit but thats just me. it still looks great and i would run them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what is a bit???? they are at +26 front and back. The +26/+25 seems to be a common number that the wheel manufacturers build too... the next mark seems to be +15.. 7" wide wheels appear to be fluch at +15, but if you move to an 8" wide wheel, +15 will be sticking out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
yup...mine are 18X8 inch with a +20 and they're perfectly flush with the fenders.

·
Registered
253 Posts
carsrmylife1189 said:
yup...mine are 18X8 inch with a +20 and they're perfectly flush with the fenders.
Can you post up a couple pics of yours in similar angles like my pics? I'm having a rough time picturing you 18x8 with a +20 offset sitting perfectly flush when my 15x7 with a +38 offset is sitting perfectly flush in the front. It doesn't ad up unless you're referring to the rear wheels only.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Chops said:
carsrmylife1189 said:
Can you post up a couple pics of yours in similar angles like my pics? I'm having a rough time picturing you 18x8 with a +20 offset sitting perfectly flush when my 15x7 with a +38 offset is sitting perfectly flush in the front. It doesn't ad up unless you're referring to the rear wheels only.
please excuse the phone pics

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
carsrmylife1189 said:
Chops said:
carsrmylife1189 said:
please excuse the phone pics
Those are 18x8 +20 all around???? really?

·
Registered
134 Posts
yes sir. all around

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
carsrmylife1189 said:
yes sir. all around
wow.... I'm confused because yours don't seem to be sticking out at all... in fact they appear to be more into the wheel well than Chops' 7" wide +38's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts