Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we spent most of the day yesterday friday at NRG giving a second try to remove the air bag of the cube, with a lot of effort and help from other shops and other crews around NRG they all helped to make it come out finally.

thanks to Mike and all the crew at NRG
your guys help is endless :yes: :yes:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hmmm... I do have an NRG hub and quick release for an S13 that's I've never used... as well as a Personal Wheel I bought from Japan....

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
meisrandy said:
nicee one of my friend gets hookups from NRG too and offered me a quickrelease but i still want my airbags hahah
he he! yeah i know believe me i thought about it for the longest time but...you know in the end the mod bug won :D
i know is kinda wrong to remove the air bags but men it looks so bitching nice :D

now that made the air bags off so may as well do it rite ;) racing seats......yeaaah boy!

·
Registered
929 Posts
NRG products are great - I used to have them on my S13!

So HOW do you release the airbag? Do you insert a screwdriver into the two holes in back of the steering wheel? I want to get beneath the bag to try & wire up steering wheel audio controls.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah is a bit hard to explain but you gotta reach to bend a "hook like" lock with your flat screwdriver on each side, once you think or feel you bend it you gotta pull outwards, same on each side left and right and also bottom center,it haves 3 of those "hook locks" and for the looks of it to put it back you will just have to push it with pressure back into the steering wheel

you will have to do that proccess to reset your automatic window on the driver side though, i havnt done because i been disconecting the batterie a lot of times very often :D

·
2,084 Posts
Awesome job!

And brave, I am too chicken to remove my airbag, I get more mortal every day.

My first daily driver show was an 1964 VW bug, it had no seat belts.

I attended an explosives course where we studied the air bag briefly, you know the first thing you see in a car accident? Your own fist punching you in the face (think about it) :eek:

Looks good.

·
Registered
472 Posts
damian666robin said:
yeah is a bit hard to explain but you gotta reach to bend a "hook like" lock with your flat screwdriver on each side, once you think or feel you bend it you gotta pull outwards, same on each side left and right and also bottom center,it haves 3 of those "hook locks" and for the looks of it to put it back you will just have to push it with pressure back into the steering wheel

you will have to do that proccess to reset your automatic window on the driver side though, i havnt done because i been disconecting the batterie a lot of times very often :D
so if u take the air bag off like that, is it possible to put it back on and still have it function properly? i have a grant steering wheel i would like to install on my cube but i want to be able to return it to stock should i need to

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh yeah it is completely reversible, if you see my air bag is completely undamaged so once you are ready to go back to stock you just pop it in because the groove of each part of the air bag will push out the pin lock on is way in

i will post a pic of the steering wheel itself, in that way you can see exactly which lock pins im talking about and also how can you picture it in your car so you can take it off with more easy than me and NRG lol!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just a side note on steering wheels and airbags.

I ordered the airbag resistor harness from HKB Japan. I ordered it through a Japanese broker, so it should be here in about 20-30 days, depending on how everything goes. I'm also going to get a wire and a pin out, so that the horn still functions. I'll be documenting my process, so this should help out some people. I don't mind getting rid of the airbag on my wheel, but I don't wanna take that option away from my passengers. If all goes well, the resistor will do just that.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Because I'm so small (4' 11.5"), I'm always terrified I'll be in an accident with and I'll get more damage from the airbag than the accident itself. I know modern airbags have evolved into a much safer for my size kinda bag, but it still scares me.

I think the steering wheel looks fantastic, just not my taste.

·
Registered
472 Posts
damian, hit me up bro, id like to get the nrg quick release if you still have the hook ups, i think you still have my number, if not, pm me

1 - 20 of 28 Posts