Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I figured I'd start a thread here since I love to take photos. I plan to show my progress as I move along. I'm an Account Executive for AT&T and I drive alot so the cube fit the bill. I bought my base Cube 1.8 last Friday and I have a few things planned for the it. I ordered the cargo organizer since I carry alot of signage and stuff for work and I wanted to keep everything clean in the trunk. I also ordered some silver coated bulbs for the turn signals. I already bought some Megan springs and some wheels. Enough with the talk let's see some photos right? I took these with my camera phone and when I have a chance I'm shoot with my real camera.
my stock cube...

rims are xxr 513 in gold (i only found one retailer with these) 16x7 +15 and tires are 195/50 I may switch the fronts with 185/45 and either space the rear 5mm or order some 16x8 +0. Well see how it goes after I install the springs.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks...yeah the front's poke will flush up with some camber and the rear looks like it could use a 5-10mm spacer. these wheels don't offer 16x8+15, they're 16x8+0 so it would be an extra inch towards my fender. I'll think about it. I have the megans and I will install them but I am pretty sure I will end up buying coilovers soon after too haha. which coil over setup are you thinking of going with? I like the Ksport since it seems to have more adjustability and it's cheaper haha.. any hookups?

·
Registered
709 Posts
nosser said:
Thanks...yeah the front's poke will flush up with some camber and the rear looks like it could use a 5-10mm spacer. these wheels don't offer 16x8+15, they're 16x8+0 so it would be an extra inch towards my fender. I'll think about it. I have the megans and I will install them but I am pretty sure I will end up buying coilovers soon after too haha. which coil over setup are you thinking of going with? I like the Ksport since it seems to have more adjustability and it's cheaper haha.. any hookups?
yeah i too was going to go with those wheels as well but since they didnt offer a 16x8 with a 15 it was a no go.. yeah im probably going to go with the ksports as well..since you can adjust the lower part of the strut along with the sleeve..you can really drop it far in the front..no hookups yet...:)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1HoTCuBe said:
yeah i too was going to go with those wheels as well but since they didnt offer a 16x8 with a 15 it was a no go.. yeah im probably going to go with the ksports as well..since you can adjust the lower part of the strut along with the sleeve..you can really drop it far in the front..no hookups yet...:)
Haha I was all set on your wheels in 16's until I saw your post "had to be the first" lol. Well I took a few more shots of my car before I install the springs

·
2,084 Posts
I know I posted a message to this thread earlier but I don't see it. ???

These look like the wheels that were wildly popular on VW Bugs in the 80's Those were Enkie wheels.

I would have seen these in the shop and said no way not on a Cube, but they do look good. I like it! Next I want to see them in black and in white. In White I would take them to a paint shop and get the pearl clear coat added.

You will need the flaps to keep the wheel sling at somewhat a bay. But sticking out like that your ride will stay dirty.

·
Registered
157 Posts
yes there painted mud flaps lol your going to need them
now for the gold pen strips down the side to go with the rim's

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the compliments everyone. I do want to do to a few more things soon. I finally received my silver bulbs and will install and photo them too.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks everyone and thanks Damian for the springs again. I got it lowered and I still want to go lower. I guess we'll see when it settles a little. I talked to Bob from Versaspeed about the Ksport coilovers so that's an option. I'm just not sure for a daily driver. Here is a few photos and you can see the silver bulbs in the front signals. A worthwhile upgrade if you ask me.

·
2,084 Posts
Yes the bulbs do make a big difference. Swap out the side markers for 194 LED's and it cleans up the side for under $10.00.

Looks good lowered too. I am jealous.

I lowered my Fit myself and my S-10 myself but waiting to see more do it here and see the difficulty level and lessons learned first.

With the Fit if you let the drive axel drop it falls out of the trans and is a huge problem. Does not seem to be a problem in the Cube as I have not heard it mentioned YET. :no:

Keep it up nosser 8)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts