Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of members complained that their back doors leaked when they ran it through a high pressure car wash.

I hated to do it, but I had to know: would mine leak? It didn't - not a drop of water got inside through any door or window. I took it to a typical high pressure car wash with all the sprays, brushes, and rollers.

I was most concerned about my little backup camera sitting at the top of the back door, but it survived. I could even watch what was going on behind the car as it got its bath. What surprised me was the side view mirrors. I folded them in before I took it through. When we exited, the mirrors were folded patially forward. The experience was very noisy - much noisier than with other cars I have taken through. That could be because it is so high and cube-like.

I usually hand wash my cars, except in the winter when I use a do-it-yourself coin-operated washer. This Cube will never go through an automatic car wash while I own it.

Jerry

·
Registered
194 Posts
Mine has a few drops when I car wash with garden hose (no hi pressure stuffs). Not amount to concern about or would get inside wet.

·
Registered
103 Posts
This is a very interesting topic, because after swapping out my door speakers I noticed the magnets were very wet after few rainy days here in So Cal :-\
Which left me wondering if anybody else had the same problem...

·
Registered
315 Posts
About a week ago, we had a nice day here in WI, so I decided to run my car through one of those touchless car washes to get the salt off of it. I was a little concerned because of the posts I had seen about water leaking in. During the car wash I heard dripping and I started to get worried... then the dripping turned into the sound of running water... so as soon as I exited the car wash I checked floors, trunk, door sills, etc... no water inside. I did notice there was a lot of water in the door sill of the back (trunk) door. The door seal did its job and kept the water out of the vehicle, but I can see where water would find its way in if the seal wasn't absolutely perfect anymore.

So far, so dry... can't wait for my outside faucet to thaw out so I can wash my car myself again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts