Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A salesman at yet another dealership has found a cube very close to what I want, plus says more are coming in the last week of January. He's saying I need to buy one of these as Nissan is not making cubes for three months - forget which ones, exactly, but something like Feb to April. No cubes till summer if I miss these. This sounds suspicious - probably anxious to make a sale now.

Anyone else heard anything this far out?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I call BS. My dealer was willing to order me a 2010 exactly the way I wanted. And 2010s are slowly rolling into dealers around me.

·
2,084 Posts
Well you fellas are lucky,

When us early adopters were looking, the market was dry, many had to drive great lengths to get theirs. Options VS Color were in short supply too.

Happy Shopping and show it off once you get it :yes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was told the 2010's are coming in for all models but the Cube. The Cube is supposed to begin 2010 production at the end of this month and is expected at the dealer in late March/early April.

We took the plunge today and bought a 2009 Super Black Krom. It's awesome and loaded with lots of cool stuff.

Tim

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cube747 said:
I was told the 2010's are coming in for all models but the Cube. The Cube is supposed to begin 2010 production at the end of this month and is expected at the dealer in late March/early April.

We took the plunge today and bought a 2009 Super Black Krom. It's awesome and loaded with lots of cool stuff.

Tim
Well, a few people here have 2010s and I get mine (my second one, actually, first dealer could never deliver the first one) Thursday.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yea... I'm picking up a 2010 1.8S optioned exactly as I want it at the end of the week... it was quite an ordeal to find it though, as it seems that very few dealers are ordering manual transmission models. I'm really surprised that Nissan has chosen to put the manual transmission in only the 1.8 and 1.8s. I've been tuning/modding cars for over 13 years and this car, much like the first Xb has the potential to b huge, assuming Nissan plays their cards right and really embraces the tuner culture. The car is inexpensive, making it very attractive to young buyers. It is unique and begs for further customization and uniqueness. Toyota/Scion has played this game perfectly.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I think Nissan understands the market well. People get manual transmissions to save a little money, and that is usually the base model crowd. Cosmetic customizers also want to start out with base models since they usually tear off a ton of equipment right away.

·
Registered
582 Posts
My dealership here in Amarillo gets them in and moves them out. It is a good seller so why stop production?

·
Registered
315 Posts
And will the "Orb" be all round on the outside with straight lines and square hints all over the interior? Concentric squares in the headliner, square gauges, etc? :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts