Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the air in my tires with nitrogen. Noticed a difference immediately. :yes:

Drove 100 miles at high speeds and than touched the tires. They were still cool. Would suggest everyone spend the $40 and add nitrogen.

·
193 Posts
My Cube came with nitrogen already in the tires when I bought it, I thought that they came standard that way?

Maybe its just what my dealer does to all of their cars.

Did anyone else get nitrogen in their Cube's tires when they bought it?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine came with Nitrogen! I thought it was a Nissan thing, but perhaps it is based on individual dealer. I don't plan on spending any extra on nitrogen, unless I have to. I will take it to the dealer for air, at least until my warranty is over. Who knows? It may end up being fairly standard with car tires in the next few years. It seems to be growing quickly.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Don't forget that atmospheric air is about 80% nitrogen already. I've personally never had a problem with my tires getting hot, and I live in Florida.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes, pure nitrogen does have some advantages. But unless your using your cube for some EXTREMLY high performance work, chances are you aren't going to notice the difference. Yes, airplanes and Indy cars use pure nitrogn, but I don't remember anything about the cube being able to fly or go 350 mph. For everyday use, there is no reason to search for pure nitrogen. Your tire treads will likely wear out long before you have any other major issues.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So you paid $10 per tire for the extra 20% Nitrogen that is missing from the atmosphere? I think you got ripped off. If your vehicle tires are filled with Nitrogen for free, great but to pay for it? I hate to burst your bubble but you probably should have saved the $40 for your first oil change. My 370z came from the factory with Nitrogen but really, even for it, I would not pay to fill the tires with Nitrogen. BTW, your local Costco tire center has Nitrogen.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Interesting. I don't think mine came with Nitrogen, I'll have to check. I live near D.C. does having Nitrogen make a difference in my regional area? Is it more advantageous in southern areas? (I saw the reference to Florida in one of the posts).
What are the advantages of having Pure Nitrogen in the tires?

thanks.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I heard a commercial on the local AM radio station this morning from a tire dealer (well known in this area) and they happened to mention that they use nitrogen in tires. I not know at............. :eek: Never heard anything about it before on advertisements. Only in magazines and of course on this forum .

·
Registered
124 Posts
Commando said:
Interesting. I don't think mine came with Nitrogen, I'll have to check. I live near D.C. does having Nitrogen make a difference in my regional area? Is it more advantageous in southern areas? (I saw the reference to Florida in one of the posts).
What are the advantages of having Pure Nitrogen in the tires?

thanks.
One of the messages had to do with someone's tires not getting hot after a long drive. They attributed this to the "pure" nitrogen in their tires. I pointed out that this has never been a problem for me, and I live in Florida (where it is known to be rather hot in the summer).

Ther are some conditions where tires need more stability and predictability than atmospheric air (i.e. normal air) can provide. Two examples are Indy car racing, where the teams need to be able to predict the fluctuations in tire pressure, and airplane landing gear, where the tires are exposed to extreme conditions in flight. "Pure" nitrogen is often a preferred choice when air is not good enough because it will apparently help stabilize the tire pressure.

The biggest "pro" to using nitrogen is that you will likely not need to check your tire pressure as often... but there are a handful of other things you will still have to check on the car (oil, coolant, windshield wiper fluid, etc.)

"PURE" NITROGEN IN YOUR TIRES WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR GAS MILAGE!!!!!!!!! IT WILL ONLY HELP KEEP YOUR CAR FROM GETTING WORSE GAS MILAGE FROM INCORRECTLY PRESSURIZED TIRES!!!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
LOL HAHAHAHAhAhAHAhAAHA

I stopped off at a Nissan dealer here in Tennesee today. They had four Cubes outside. They had a 99 dollar dealer markup on each Cube, lol it was for "nitrogen inflated" tires!

What a scam!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
old fart opinion

SNAKE OIL ..... this is 100% a waste of your $$$$

Aviation uses Nitrogen because they don't want "air" or an explosive (supporting) gas escaping in a confined area (the landing gear compartment) Nitrogen is LESS likely to support fire......(when it compines with what's already there)

In a car/truck application ;D

·
Registered
124 Posts
As I said before, your tire treads are MUCH more likely to wear out beforethe oxygen does any serious damage. There is no reason to pay extra for nitrogen in your tires!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts