Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well two days ago after work I took my wife to the Nissan dealer and we bought a Versa. Unfortunatly her old car was probably not going to hold out long enough for a cube :'( but, this does give me the opportunity to feel out the 1.8L engine and the amenities that Nissan likes to enchant their motorists with. I have to say I am most impressed with it so far. We decided to go with the SL model and we are comparing it to my FiT sport. Nissan sure did pull out all the stops with the Keyless/Touchless entry and keyless ignition. The main thing though is that the ride is extra smooth. My wife is pregnant so she really can feel those small bumps. If the cube feels anything like the versa (which I expect it will) than it's gonna be a real sweet ride. 8)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all,
Its been a while! wow.
Well I thought I would just let you all know that Nissan has dropped the price of the Versa to $10,000 in the US!
Amazing. I'm imagining they will try to push the cube for that $13-$14,000 range thus, the price drops in Versa. Exciting times!
Cube is around the corner! :^) round corners literally judging from the picks on the US site!

·
Registered
24 Posts
i'm replacing my scion with either a versa or a cube, probably a cube :)

i test drove a versa, and i really like how it felt, since they're on the same platform as the cube, do you think they'll feel similar?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't see why not. From what reviewers have stated (Car & Driver and such) the Cube seems to be incredibly smooth. The Versa rides better than my FiT, and given the wheelbase and weight aspect of the cube it may provide for an even smoother ride than the Versa, but I'm not totally sure on that.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just a general question, which transmission did you get in the Versa? How hard would it have been to get the other in the edition you chose?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We got the Automatic transmission, which was the only one available.
It actually has a more precise name but I forget what it is at the moment. My wife doesn't knoe stick :/
so it worked out for her.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The cube and versa suspension setups are EXTREMELY Similar. Rear torsion bar, and all that stuff.

They should ride, and handle very similarly

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah after driving my 6-speed cube for a couple weeks now, I can tell that the cube has the smoother ride.

Not to mention the plush seats and the fact that you are a bit more elevated in the cube (if thats your preferance).

Also the 16" wheels provide a much smother ride than the standard 15".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts