Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so on the nissanusa.com site they add a few more stuff.
one happens to be the Nissan Intelligent Key.

http://www.nissanusa.com/cube/accessories.html

it says...
72$ for replacement and
Also available for vehicles equipped without Nissan Intelligent Key® ($103.38)

does this mean all of us without the intelligent key can have this for only 103 sounds like a great deal to me.
i called one of the biggest dealer in socal. West covina and the parts guy said he doesn't even know and that he has to call nissan and get back to me.
does anyone know more?

·
2,084 Posts
To go from S to intellikey you need to do the following and maybe more:

1. Remove ignition switch and plug the hole
2. Add push button start and all that goes with it!
3. Remove front door handles and replace with push button handles
4. Remove rear cargo door handle and replace with push button handle
5. Add sensors
6. what ever I missed and others will add below :eek:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ChristineK said:
To go from S to intellikey you need to do the following and maybe more:

1. Remove ignition switch and plug the hole
2. Add push button start and all that goes with it!
3. Remove front door handles and replace with push button handles
4. Remove rear cargo door handle and replace with push button handle
5. Add sensors
6. what ever I missed and others will add below :eek:

would you really have to remove the ignition switch? cant you have both that and the start button?
so im guessing this is going to cost more then 103$ and i have a 1.8 6speed i can still do this right?

·
Registered
671 Posts
I've no doubt whatsoever you can add this if you really want, but I'm getting the feeling that as the dollars mount up, you're looking at an expensive upgrade! The key may only be $103 odd dollars, but all the other bits and pieces are probably going to run up quite a bill :(!

·
2,084 Posts
meisrandy said:
would you really have to remove the ignition switch? cant you have both that and the start button?
so im guessing this is going to cost more then 103$ and i have a 1.8 6speed i can still do this right?
I am going to bet you cannot have both, the complexities of having both must factor in. If it was possible mine would have an ignition switch for use with the emergency key hidden in the fob. I have no such animal.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TrevorS said:
I've no doubt whatsoever you can add this if you really want, but I'm getting the feeling that as the dollars mount up, you're looking at an expensive upgrade! The key may only be $103 odd dollars, but all the other bits and pieces are probably going to run up quite a bill :(!
yeah your probably right but one thing i do not get is that if you already have the intelligent key its only 72$ and if you dont have it but want to, your going to need all those parts then the key itself so why is it 103 and not 72$ cause if we added all the stuff for the intel key it would be like a replacement key because you would still have to program the key if your car already had it or if your car didnt have it.

what im saying is kind of confusing...lol i hope you get what im trying to say.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I fear we're running into the mysteries of marketing at that point. If you already have it, then it's replacement pricing, however, if it's an upgrade, then it's upgrade pricing. And of course, if it's an upgrade, then you also need all those other bits to make it work :(. My best advice is to discuss the question with them, but I strongly suspect you will pay for the upgrade, whereas they will relatively minimize payment for pure replacement.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ummmmm......

I think you are reading this funny.
It's just the "Remote Control Keyfob". Cost is $72 if you have Intelligent Key (so it's really just the fob part) or $103 if you don't have Intelligent Key (so needs the larger key part as well.)

It doesn't say anything about converting a car from one mode to the other, it's just the fob, but there are two different fobs depending if you have intelligent key or not.

Cheers!

Dang

·
Registered
929 Posts
I would find it hard to believe that the old fashioned key fob would cost more than the Intelligent Key, though.

·
2,084 Posts
Ok I am going to imagine that the car was not originally registered for Intellikey so the extra is to add this to your vehicles profile or vin or what ever.

I have a tiny metal tab that has the vehicles profile just in case extra keys (fobs) need to be made, this tab verifies you as owner and such, we were advised to lock this up in a safe place and if it was lost replacement of fobs would be very difficult and costly to obtain.

·
Registered
161 Posts
none said:
I would find it hard to believe that the old fashioned key fob would cost more than the Intelligent Key, though.
It makes some sense. The expensive part of the Intelligent Key would be in the car, rather than in the fob. The "non-Intelligent" key would still have a rolling code for the immobolizer and everything that's inside the Intelligent fob has, plus a "sturdy" mechanical key, so I could see it costing somewhat more, though an additional $31 is odd.

Actually I'm surprised how cheap both of these are! Lost a Mercedes key and see what kind of pain you hit. ;D

Cheers!

Dang

·
Registered
929 Posts
Both fobs have an old fashioned key on or in them, so that isn't the issue. Both have the same rolling lock/unlock/panic button transmitters... that isn't it, either. The Intelligent Key *DOES* have an additional expense of an RFID system, so again it should be more money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts