Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Cubers.

I usually hate to use a forum for any kind of gripe (espescially since I live this car overall), but does anyone else find it odd that Nissan Funance charges 5.00 to do an online payment (onetime payment)

I realize one could do auto deduction, but I hate to give anyone permission to yank money out of my account. If they make a mistake, getting the money back is a hoot.

Every Finance company I have dealt with recently allows you to make a one time online payment for no charge. Makes sense, as they would rather have everyone pay online since it saves a ton on paper processing. I had a utility company that used to charge .35 cents which I thought was odd, but it's downright reasonable compared to 5.00.

I wrote Nissan explaining that while I love there product, I dont think I'd buy another one.
Just looking for other opinions on this? Am I coming out of left field here?

·
Registered
672 Posts
It's not unusual for banks to charge a fee for a one-time online payment. I'm talking about the "right now" type of payment that involves talking to someone on the phone. If you just log on and decide to pay some money toward your account, there shouldn't be a charge for that. But, let's face it - there's no limit to greed.

We got our Cube with the Cash for Clunkers program. The dealer said we had to finance with Nissan. They wouldn't even accept cash. So we financed with them for the mandatory three months and then went to our credit union for a 4.9% loan.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I found that really odd too! No other bill I have to pay electronically charges me a fee to make a simple payment. I made my first payment last month and thankfully had checked into it way in advance but ended up sending a check instead b/c I refuse to pay an extra $5 for something that should be free.

So now I am now officially back to writing a check...1 check a month now lol.

I will probably sign up for the auto-pay to save my postage...but for some reason I hate signing up for auto-pay as I have had double charges in the past and the joy of fixing it is just too much for me to deal with...

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've been making online payments on our Quest to Nissan for over two years
now with no charges. I'm thinking that your asking Nissan to communicate with your
financial institution for payment requires a human and thus the charge. Just a guess.

·
Registered
315 Posts
More and more companies are going to the system of charging extra for a credit card payment online or over the phone. Why? Because they get charged credit card processing fees for every transaction. A one time payment is a "manual" credit card charge for them and their fees are higher on those... so they are just passing the buck (or $5 in this case) to the consumer. You know those extra's you get from your credit card (miles, points, cash back, etc.)? Guess how the credit card companies finance that... they charge higher fees to the companies getting paid with those types of credit cards.
Is it fair? Not really. Should we blame Nissan? Not really... in my opinion in all comes back to the credit card companies... once again.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have my Cube financed through Nissan and make my payments on line, they don't charge me a fee. - Dano

·
Registered
671 Posts
ohskigod said:
Hello Cubers.

I usually hate to use a forum for any kind of gripe (espescially since I live this car overall), but does anyone else find it odd that Nissan Funance charges 5.00 to do an online payment (onetime payment)

I realize one could do auto deduction, but I hate to give anyone permission to yank money out of my account. If they make a mistake, getting the money back is a hoot.

Every Finance company I have dealt with recently allows you to make a one time online payment for no charge. Makes sense, as they would rather have everyone pay online since it saves a ton on paper processing. I had a utility company that used to charge .35 cents which I thought was odd, but it's downright reasonable compared to 5.00.

I wrote Nissan explaining that while I love there product, I dont think I'd buy another one.
Just looking for other opinions on this? Am I coming out of left field here?
Would love to agree with you, but my house mortgage holder charges $11 per online payment. I'd prefer $5, though frankly, a year plus ago, there was no charge at all! I think it's all about lenders (spelled banks) looking for ways to finagle a higher bottom line.
I guess our role is as pigeons, our own fault for needing to borrow :(!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts