Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is basicly no aftermarket parts for these new cubes what so ever.

So i brought in the cube to www.forjworks.com for some R&D. I actually got to see the process its really amazing how theymake these parts.

SO far they came up with eyelids this is the prototype that they showed me today. It isnt made of Fiberglass and made of Lexan and very durable plastic.

More info on how this process is done visit
http://ecocarcustoms.com/Forum86-1.aspx

·
Registered
134 Posts
no installed/finished product pics?

·
2,084 Posts
I have that scanner in my office. It is way cool. You can make a 3D model of most small items just scanning it. Its not that expensive either.

I would want to see them installed.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forjworks is waiting for photos from Mark at ATI, we are using his car as the Model car. The prototype was sent to him to install and take photos of the eyelids installed. my car is still stock and they wanted to have it on a fully modified Cube.

·
Registered
134 Posts
what?! they ARE giving you a free set, right? ...for allowing them to use your car

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok guys the prototype was sent to LA to Marcs ATI cube.

for those that are in LA. if you want to check out his ride it is being displayed at Carson Nissan right now..

IT kind of looks unfinsihed becuase the grille needs to be color matched.

Stay tuned for the matching grille that will blend with the eyelids.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've never understood the point behind eyelids, and have never really cared for the look of any of them on any vehicle, including the Cube. Oh well, to each their own.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its just to reshape the look of the headlights. On this one the grill has to be color matched for its full effect.

But everyone has there own taste.

·
Registered
671 Posts
FWIW -- Obviously this is a question of personal taste, but I'm familiar with the appearance and quality of the ForjWorks eyelids on the 2nd Gen xB and there are none better (though at the same time, they aren't cheap). If it's something that appeals to you and the price works, I wholeheartedly recommend them. ForjWorks quality is especially good in my opinion.

·
2,084 Posts
I like the grille but sometimes more on a vehicle is just more, in my opinion this is a go faster product and not really and added value thing.

Add more chrome and it "Must go Faster" ???

·
Registered
671 Posts
ChristineK said:
I like the grille but sometimes more on a vehicle is just more, in my opinion this is a go faster product and not really and added value thing.

Add more chrome and it "Must go Faster" ???
To me it's a character statement, an issue of styling taste. Still, if everybody liked and bought the same mod, then it'd be the OE vehicle that stands out as unique ;D!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts