Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you plan on getting the S-0C Coilovers I would double check with Tanabe or check to see if it will clear. They might know or might not (since they probably didn't do any testing with the Nismo bar). You need enough space to clear the top hat.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1QuickCube said:
If you plan on getting the S-0C Coilovers I would double check with Tanabe or check to see if it will clear. They might know or might not (since they probably didn't do any testing with the Nismo bar). You need enough space to clear the top hat.
Good call! I will likely being getting some sort of coilover for the cube, so I guess ill get them first then measure..and look for options..

·
Registered
31 Posts
My friend opened my hood and started swaying it.... then we easily came to the conclusion that a front strut bar is definately needed on the cube... I do recommend everyone to go get one too.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
moopy said:
My friend opened my hood and started swaying it.... then we easily came to the conclusion that a front strut bar is definately needed on the cube... I do recommend everyone to go get one too.
Yeah I noticed that when cars pass by me when Im in a turning lane..the car rocks haha..I mean iI didnt expect anything less its a giant box but I see this helping..

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wonder if anyone has bought one of the NISMO bars at that price and got it delivered...NISMO recently restructured their wholesale pricing and with the current exchange rates, most US-based companies would be losing money to sell at that price...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anybody bought the NISMO strut tower bars from versaspeed.com? I'm just wondering because most of the stuff they sell says it's for the 2010 cube and I have the 2009. (Is the 2010 even out yet?)
I figure it would fit but I just want to make sure before I buy one.
Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
I did not know about the nismo strut bar, but I just installed the tanabe strut bar yesterday. I was amazed at the difference it made. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great handling upgrade for a low price. :yes:

·
Registered
78 Posts
2010 models should be out... it's already 2010 lolol. But +1 on the tanabe strut bars. :yes:

·
Registered
17 Posts
relicxdude said:
I did not know about the nismo strut bar, but I just installed the tanabe strut bar yesterday. I was amazed at the difference it made. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great handling upgrade for a low price. :yes:
Is your cube a 2010? Those bolts you have to undo to bolt in the brackets....what do they hold in place? When you take them out does something underneath suddenly fall apart? :D

Thanks!

·
Registered
263 Posts
No, nothing will fall out installing them. Just leave the car on the ground, unbolt the bolts and put the strut bar on. It's pretty straight forward. The bolts hold in the struts (that's the reason it's car a strut tower, and the brace is called a strut tower bar). I really want the DC Strut tower bar for mine, and I know about how it interferes with the hood prop holder. That's why I'm gonna use NRG hood dampers to hold up the hood and remove the hood prop system that is OEM. BTW, I do not know whether or not the NISMO piece has this same problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Rubik said:
No, nothing will fall out installing them. Just leave the car on the ground, unbolt the bolts and put the strut bar on. It's pretty straight forward. The bolts hold in the struts (that's the reason it's car a strut tower, and the brace is called a strut tower bar). I really want the DC Strut tower bar for mine, and I know about how it interferes with the hood prop holder. That's why I'm gonna use NRG hood dampers to hold up the hood and remove the hood prop system that is OEM. BTW, I do not know whether or not the NISMO piece has this same problem.
Thanks much!

·
Registered
263 Posts
No problem, it's what I'm here for. Oh and by the way, check out the thread on the Tanabe brace, there was some good info there. It was in Cubetalk, I believe.
Oh and just so you know, unless you were dead set on the NISMO part, Beans sells the Tanabe for about 119, and they also have an underbrace for 119, so for a little more than what you are paying for the NISMO unit you can get both braces, which I have heard REALLY improve the performance. Just a thought. My self I'm gonna rock the DC and Tanabe underbrace I believe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been checking out the strut bar from different dealers and autoshop. Luckily, I found this list of strut bar from racepages.com. But the strut bar you found looks good too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts