Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my new wheels & tires installed today. I think it looks great, compared to the stock hubcaps but could use some lowering. What do you guys think?
The guy over at the installation shop mentioned something about coilovers?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
Beat_box said:
Kazera's 17 x 7.5 wrapped in some 205/45/17 Hankook's.
Your wheels look beautiful and your tire size is excellent.

Do you know what offset these wheels are?

Yeah it could use a drop. Coilovers are the best way to go since it's all inclusive and the struts and shocks are designed for lowering. But they cost a pretty penny.

Your other choice is dropped springs. The preferred choice seems to be Megan racing. They're very inexpensive and give about a 2" drop while maintaining a near stock ride as far as comfort goes. Keeping your drop no more than 2" should keep your camber within spec. Your stock struts and shocks should provide pretty good service with this drop. Although they're not designed for lower springs they should be fine operating a bit outside of their intended range. Operating your shocks and struts outside of their intended range isn't what kills them, but allowing them to bottom out does. If you drive over speed bumps, pot holes, etc. with caution there's no reason you shouldn't get full service life out of them, or at least til someone comes out with lowered shocks / struts for our application. - Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Square1 said:
Beat_box said:
Kazera's 17 x 7.5 wrapped in some 205/45/17 Hankook's.
Your wheels look beautiful and your tire size is excellent.

Do you know what offset these wheels are?

Yeah it could use a drop. Coilovers are the best way to go since it's all inclusive and the struts and shocks are designed for lowering. But they cost a pretty penny.

Your other choice is dropped springs. The preferred choice seems to be Megan racing. They're very inexpensive and give about a 2" drop while maintaining a near stock ride as far as comfort goes. Keeping your drop no more than 2" should keep your camber within spec. Your stock struts and shocks should provide pretty good service with this drop. Although they're not designed for lower springs they should be fine operating a bit outside of their intended range. Operating your shocks and struts outside of their intended range isn't what kills them, but allowing them to bottom out does. If you drive over speed bumps, pot holes, etc. with caution there's no reason you shouldn't get full service life out of them, or at least til someone comes out with lowered shocks / struts for our application. - Dan

Sweet deal! Thanks for all the help. I believe the offset is 45.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
8) I like them. Moar lower is always good! It'll all come in good time though! Looking good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
nice wheels they look easy to clean .
Hankook's i seen there review in car and driver.
they ranked 2nd in class.
hankook ventus v12 evo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cube-in said:
nice wheels they look easy to clean .
Hankook's i seen there review in car and driver.
they ranked 2nd in class.
hankook ventus v12 evo
Rubik said:
8) I like them. Moar lower is always good! It'll all come in good time though! Looking good!
gohmathew said:
I think Your tire size is very excellent. it is looks so nice.It running so fast. I like this new tire.
_________________
Nissan Contract Hire] | Roadside Assistance

Thanks guys! I'm thinking about lower the cube real soon. I might go with the Tanabe springs, has anyone here installed them on a cube?
Cube-in, I Have the Hankook ventus V12 evo on my cube and I love them! Best tires I've ever owned.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
Sure, coilovers are great, as long as you don't mind a relatively harsh suspension. If you prefer something that generally feels closer to factory, consider just a spring change :)! Coilovers offer the "advantage" of adjustable height (and subsequebnt stiffness), but if you never intend to race, I don't see the advantage. Switching to variable rate lowering springs is cheaper and usually a more appropriate street solution.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
TireRack.com is great -- I've bought both rims and tires from them. I've also bought rims from DiscountTireDirect.com, another very good company. Another company I've bought tires from is Treadepot.com -- worth checking out IMO.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top