Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to buy some XXR old school 002 wheels for my cube. The thing is, since the stock rear wheels are recessed about an inch more than the fronts, I want them to be somewhat flush with the fenders. What I want to do is get 15x7's for in the front and 15x8's in the rear for that classic staggered look with a thin lip in front and a big lip in the back. I will be keeping and using the stock Toyo A20 tires on these new wheels.

What I need to know is what backspacing I need for the fronts and rears. I don't want the wheels/tires to stick out past the fenders at all. In fact, I want the fronts to remain pretty much where they are now, but would like to have the rears to move out about an inch so they just about flush up with the fenders like the fronts already do.

Any help/info will be greatly appreciated and many thanks in advance! ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
camber... coilover if you want to flush. Then you'll need some negative camber done.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1HoTCuBe said:
really depends on what offsets you get.. imo dont go with a 15 inch wheel on the cube.. looks too small (already been through xxr's as well) a 8 inch wide wheel with a low 30 offset would sit perfect for what you want..
I'm sticking with 15's because I prefer the look, keeps the weight down and saves money for not having to buy new/larger tires.

I'm gonna to be going with the Tanabe TNF147 springs which only drop the cube 1.5" front and 1.4" rear, and I am not going to have the tires sticking out any further than the front tires already are, so even at a lower stance, I don 't think I'll need any kind of negative camber other than naturally occurs from the lowering.

I just need to find out what backspacing and offset I'm going to need for the 15x7's and 15x8's. Also, the way the cube is designed, even if I went with the same wheels front and rear, the rear offset would still have to be different to compensate for the rear wheels being more recessed that the fronts.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Correct... you will be fine with both of the wheels listed above..i went with a 15x8 +15 and the wheels did stick out about a inch..you will need to get a set of wheels with a +30ish to achieve the look you want..

I had a 15x8 +15 inch wheel all around with megan springs drop of 2.0 and hated it. Wheels did stick out..but to achieve a staggered look or a flush look all around i added a 5mm spacer out back to even things up.

·
Registered
148 Posts
wait you said you had a 15 x 8 with a +15 offset what about him trying a 15 x 7 would that inch compensate for the inch that you said you wheel stuck out.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think you guys are missing my point here...

I want to use 15x7's in the front for a smaller lip and 15x8's in the rear for a larger lip because I like that staggered look and I know it will look great on the Cube. Not to mention the sidewalls for the rear tires will be pulled out giving the rear a fatter look.

What I'm needing to know is what offset/backspacing I need to keep all four wheels inside the fenders. I don't want to use spacers. In fact, they are not needed if you have the correct offset/backspacing to begin with.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1HoTCuBe said:
Hey man im not saying dont do it but i think you will regret it.. good luck..
Regret what?

·
Registered
715 Posts
you will be rubbing the crap out of it once you lower it....^^^^^ ;)
zero offset wheels will fit but they will stick out like my volks so once you lower the cube and throw a medium load on your cube you will be rubbing the rears....

remember one thing...people on the forums only say positive things about their own stuff, not many people say the straight true when they break or ruin something on their car....remember that

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright guys, I'm listening... ;)

So what if I just go with 15x7's all around with a "normal - stock" offset up front and a slightly deeper offset in the rear. That should work, right?

BTW, I'll only be dropping the Cube an 1.5".

·
Registered
715 Posts
that,s what im saying :), 1hot cube is telling you the rite thing because he had that set up not long ago but i think he had to change his wheels set up

·
Registered
709 Posts
Correct..I was dropped 2.0 on my 15x8's and wanted to go lower..the tires I had mounted were 195/45 and the wheel gap sucked! If I went any lower then what I was dropped already to make it look right I would have had to lay frame! haha.

If you go with a bigger sidewall tire you may be alright..your will be ok with a 15x7 +35 in the front and a 15+7 +15-25 in the rear for the look you want..

Im here to help man..not trying to give you bad advice..but I guess I call myself the guinea pig when it comes to wheels on the cube.. I have been through 4 sets already.. ranging from 15x7 +0 offset all around.. to 18x7.5 +35 offet..

My new set is: 17x8 +30 front and 17x9 +20 in the rear..should fit exactly like it was made for the car..

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know you guys are here to help, and I'm certainly open to suggestions, hence why I'm here asking.

So I'm basically looking at a +35 in the front and +15-25 for the rear. That's a good start!

Now comes the question of where to buy wheels? I'd rather buy online to save some money. Also, if the price is right, I just might go with 16's... Might.

Any ideas?

BTW, I really do appreciate all the info you guys are giving me. Thanks!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know you all have seen the Bean Garage Cube with the SSR 16x7's and 16x8's. That's how I want mine to look. Not necessarily those style wheels, but just that size and offset. I need to find out what offset/backspacing they used because that's exactly what I'm going for stance-wise.

And I'm still hunting for good online stores for wheels/tires.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Chops said:
I'm wanting to buy some XXR old school 002 wheels for my cube. The thing is, since the stock rear wheels are recessed about an inch more than the fronts, I want them to be somewhat flush with the fenders. What I want to do is get 15x7's for in the front and 15x8's in the rear for that classic staggered look with a thin lip in front and a big lip in the back. I will be keeping and using the stock Toyo A20 tires on these new wheels.

What I need to know is what backspacing I need for the fronts and rears. I don't want the wheels/tires to stick out past the fenders at all. In fact, I want the fronts to remain pretty much where they are now, but would like to have the rears to move out about an inch so they just about flush up with the fenders like the fronts already do.

Any help/info will be greatly appreciated and many thanks in advance! ;)

I would think using a 15x7 on the front and a 15x8 on the rear would make them look pretty even as far as alignment (flushness) to the fender goes. The only issue then would be the proper offset. The stock wheels are 42mm. A 15mm offset would probably be the max you can go without the tires sticking out, and even at that I don’t know if they’ll stick out or not. I think a 30mm would be the better fit.

I know there have been a lot of people posting that the front tires stick out farther then the rears, but that’s only due to body shape. The front track is 58.1” whereas the rear is 58.3” so the rear is actually wider than the front. - Dan

1 - 20 of 43 Posts