Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about upgrading my stock radio with a better one, but I am hesitant to do so. I really like the steering wheel iPod controls and the bluetooth mic, but I'm afraid that I will lose these features if I upgrade the stereo. Anyone have any experience with this? If so, did you have to sacrifice these features? If not, got any recommendations for a stereo-upgrade?

·
Registered
930 Posts
If you decide to get a new radio, make sure you get one that has the option for a steering wheel control. You will have to buy a pac swi jack for the new radio too which is about 70 dollars. It is nice because you can change your steering wheel buttons to something else if you would like. The only drawback to the pac-swi jack is that there is a lag when when you push the buttons. Mine has about a 1 second lag and I have to hold it down a little longer. Also the swi jack can be a little finicky. If you go to crutchfield, just look at the features or something like that, it will say somelike steering wheel control compatible for the radio.

The bluetooth you will lose it completly. The only bluetooth option you have will be if the new radio has bluetooth. Make sure you review and read over what you may get because it may not be compatible with your phone. The bluetooth buttons become useless on your steering wheel, but you can program them for something else. I made them preset up and mute.

I do not have the back up sensors and not sure if they run through the radio or not.

Are you thinking about double din or single?

·
2,084 Posts
You bring up some good issues,

If I leave the car with key in purse the car gives 4 beeps but keeps running. Not sure why.

I am not even sure where these beeps come from? I had heard in another thread someone else tried to track it down. Does this function happen in the radio? It would seem simple enough.

·
Registered
222 Posts
ChristineK said:
You bring up some good issues,

If I leave the car with key in purse the car gives 4 beeps but keeps running. Not sure why.

I am not even sure where these beeps come from? I had heard in another thread someone else tried to track it down. Does this function happen in the radio? It would seem simple enough.
The beeps come from the alarm, I believe. It's the same beeping you hear when you lock and unlock using the intelligent key buttons. In my G35 sedan, the car would continue running without the key, but the engine would shut off when you shift into 1st gear. I haven't tried shifting out of park without the key though.

·
2,084 Posts
schtebie said:
The beeps come from the alarm, I believe. It's the same beeping you hear when you lock and unlock using the intelligent key buttons. In my G35 sedan, the car would continue running without the key, but the engine would shut off when you shift into 1st gear. I haven't tried shifting out of park without the key though.
Ohh yet another intelli test to perform. :yes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
FYI,
Yesterday I went out to recover my daughters snowbound car. When I got out of the Cube, the car beeped to tell me I was leaving with the car running and carrying the key. After freeing the other car, I drove it home with my wife driving the Cube. She drove all the way (4 miles or so) with no key in the car and no issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts