Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my pinstripes and running dogs on the CUBE today. I also had the CUBE's name put on the back with a cartoon I loved. Plus my new plate RUBIK came today, but I still have to go out and put it on.
Hope you like it. I love it and now my CUBE is just a bit different.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For some great ideas go onto a clipart site. That is how I found the cartoon dogs and rabbit. Then the owner of Autotrim Plus here in Prescott, did all the work. I saw one custom car with a cartoon lizard coming out of pinstriping and going after a dragonfly. That gave me the idea to do it with dogs as the car is for them anyway. It was a lot of fun and it gave me the little pop that makes my car different from others.
I saw that another CUBER here is going to put checkered (cubed) pinstripes along the sides and I think that would be great looking.
One of the things I love about my MINI is being able to Youify it so each one is a bit different. I wanted the CUBE to have some touchups too and I'm happy his name is on him now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the Cube dog. I really wanted it somewhere on the car and it seemed to really balance that back corner. The original art is green, but they modified it to match the pinstripe.
They weren't going to put it on, but they were really happy with it once it was on there. I've had so much work done on my cars there that I might as well punch in. I bring chocolate truffles so they have great incentive to make me happy. Great people and it's nice to have someone you can trust your car with for detail work.
:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She's doing really well. One of the best pups I've ever had. The 10-month-old Greyhound tripod pup loves her. He follows her everywhere and lets her jump all over him. Of course, she is pretty lightweight so it sure won't hurt him. But he adores her. My Dobermans always watched over the Min Pins I've had.

·
Registered
464 Posts
:) Really love the stripes you did, very clever and now your Cube stands out from the others in your area.
I went with cube stripes flying off the car....

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw your post about doing the cubes flying. I love that. It is perfect and sets it apart. I was trying to think of something like that, but didn't want anything extreme. When I first asked the autotrim shop about something graphic he came up with a huge greyhound running with flames behind it. It was in orange, yellow and red and it just looked horrible to me as I didn't want the entire side like that. Something subtle, but fun.
As I call it my cartoon car the cartoon dogs came to mind. The clipart sites had so many choices, but I fell in love with these.
Love checkers and have thought of doing something with them in the Clubman, but it already has so much going for it with its chili red paint, black roof and bumpers, etc. plus bonnet stripes. If I get another MINI I'll do some more graphics or checkers, but I'm pretty happy with what I already have.
Now I feel the Cube is complete too. Just have to put its new plate on it today (RUBIK).

·
Registered
464 Posts
Thanks for not minding sharing my cube with you and others on here... nice to know that the people who comment on the stripes seem to love them.... thanks everyone! :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like those wheels, too. What are they?
It's always hard to visualize what different wheels will look like until you see them on the car. Even with the online configurators I would rather see them in person before investing in them.

·
Registered
464 Posts
wheels are XXR 912's

17x7

there are so may out there be creative be different, be cool. silver would look really great or a white spoke

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd probably go with silver.
When I ordered the Clubman I wanted crown spokes, but the dealer wouldn't substitute unless I paid an extra $700. As the stock wheels were exactly the same price as the crown spokes I didn't take the deal. I can pick up set for less than that.
I'll keep watching to see what wheels might work. Have to wait for some of the paycheck for the books I'm proofing right now.

·
Registered
671 Posts
TropicalCube said:
I went with cube stripes flying off the car....
I saw your photo thread earlier and didn't respond at the time, but I really do think that's a tasteful and winning addition. A really nice touch :)!

ODDO said:
I finally got my pinstripes and running dogs on the CUBE today. I also had the CUBE's name put on the back with a cartoon I loved. Plus my new plate RUBIK came today, but I still have to go out and put it on.
Hope you like it. I love it and now my CUBE is just a bit different.
I think it looks incredible, very clever and unobtrusive, but I really feel bad for that rabbit :(!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't think the rabbit will ever be caught. I just love the look on its face though. I kind of feel like that with looming deadlines on the books.
I kind of think of the Cube as a cartoon car. It looks like a car Ziggy would drive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts