Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just got done installing the new stereo tonight go me! lol and all looks to be ok and working fine except for one thing. It looks like the sub isnt working now ha! Anyone have any similar problems post install? I went ahead and wired the whole thing for 2 Ohm btw .. I couldn't get a straight answer from calling Nissan and opening a ticket with there "Help desk". Next step is to pop the panel off the back door and take a look see with my own eyes.

I did get one answer about the Amp local though.. Its in the back door with the sub all in one box.

Pics when I get time. :)

-Paul

·
Registered
46 Posts
when you wired up your new harness did you wire up the remote turn on wire? it should have been either a blue wire or a blue wire with a white stripe on the new headunit's wire harness. you would just need to connect it to the wire harness you are using for your install, blue wire to blue wire, If you didn't then this could be the problem with the sub not working, as I am sure you know the remote turn on wire is what will turn the Rockford Fosgate amplifier on for the subwoofer. Now I am not all that familiar with the Cubes wiring yet so I cannot be sure if that is how this premium Rockford Fosgate system works or not. Hope this helps and if not at least I tried! LOL

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Cube! ya I made sure to hook up the remote turn on wire for amp to get turned on. I did though pretty much have to splice it 3 ways to put the Parking break Bypass on for the Head unit

IE it looks like

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok I redid the Remote turnon wire and branched off the Relay, and its a no go. Basically because of the Power antena I got another "Sensing wire" for that too.

I even bypassed the Relay and went from the head unit to the Antenna and also the harness and the sub didnt respond. I think the Versa may have had a fosgate option at one time too so I am going to start hunting for answers there :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Please give me more info...Did you replace the door speakers? did you just hook up all the speaker wires?...Some amps use high level input and they turn on that way...also some amps read the chip in the head unit to turn on...you may need to look at the wiring right on the amp to see

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jasonbillups said:
Please give me more info...Did you replace the door speakers? did you just hook up all the speaker wires?...Some amps use high level input and they turn on that way...also some amps read the chip in the head unit to turn on...you may need to look at the wiring right on the amp to see
Yo Jason!

I did not replace the door speakers just the Head unit. I used the Harness to hook the head unit up that I got from Crutchfield. I have a ticket open with Nissan ATM for the specs of the amp but I don't know how long that is going to take to get resolved hehe.

I am more and more thinking that I am gonna have to pop the back door panel off to get at the amp box .. and hope that there are diags on the outside haha.

-Paul

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I popped the back panel off the back to see if I couldd find the specs

120 Wmax
80Wrms
.6 ohms

There are no diags or Fuses back there that I could find. the amp just seemes to just now want to turn on haha.

-Paul

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok Got the amp working but it took taking it to a stereo store ... they ended up having to splice into another one of the plugs that went into the old stereo... I will have to pull the dash apart and get a good pic this weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts