Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I bought our Cube Monday. It's actually her car. She has been driving her Xterra for just over 10 years now and it has been great. We're tired of 16 mpg though. I've been researching cars for about a year. I was leaning toward the Kia Soul, but I'm glad we went to test drive the Cube. I want to thank everyone here for all of the great advice and information. Here are a few pics of her stock 2010 SL (with light gray interior), preferred package, splash guards, and kick plates.

David - Dallas, TX

http://[[url]http://img34.imageshack.us/i/img2521j.jpg//img][/url]
[img]http://img31.imageshack.us/i/img2527d.jpg/

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks great!

Do you mind letting us know what the cost on it was? Thats honestly almost exactly what I want to order, aside from the color.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Great looking Cube, Dude ;D! And that's quite a fleet you folks have parked out there -- woweee :eek:! What's that being bashful under the cover :)?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TTThomas said:
Looks great!

Do you mind letting us know what the cost on it was? Thats honestly almost exactly what I want to order, aside from the color.
No problem. MSRP was around $20,170 (included destination). I offered $1000 below. The dealership agreed, but I had to pay for their tint which was fine, because I have to have tint (Texas' summers). Dealership is Don Davis Nissan in Arlington, Tx. I probably could have received a better deal going with Costco or taking an 09', but my wife and I were very specific on exterior color, interior color, trim level, and packages. We decided that we liked the stereo and back up camera better with the 2010 as well.

David - Dallas, TX

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TrevorS said:
Great looking Cube, Dude ;D! And that's quite a fleet you folks have parked out there -- woweee :eek:! What's that being bashful under the cover :)?

It will be for sale soon. It's a 91 NX2000. I bought it used in October of 1993. The A/C stopped working a few years ago and I have a starter ready to be installed. It's a little rough because of it's age and mileage (182,000), but I'm sure I'll never have a car in my life that will be as good to me as this one has. It's going to be hard to let it go, and I'll probably have to be hospitalized when it's gone. Unfortunately, My wife and I have too many vehicles and not enough parking, time, or money for them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Riceman - I'm now talking to Don Davis as Texas Nissan has been unable to deliver the car I supposedly bought last Thursday. It was to be shipped in. Davis can find no record of the car existing so they can't sell it to me either. They had a green one with black interior and offered a lot off, but I want the LG. They're looking, bust so far nada. I'll give them a shot, at least.

Moral: Do NOT buy a car you can't physically put your hands on (although I reserve the right to be a hypocrite)!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I don't find Costco to give very good prices based on my experience. They are only OK prices for people who don't want to shop around and bargaing a little.
You got a great deal and congrats to your new Cube!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
armadillo said:
Riceman - I'm now talking to Don Davis as Texas Nissan has been unable to deliver the car I supposedly bought last Thursday. It was to be shipped in. Davis can find no record of the car existing so they can't sell it to me either. They had a green one with black interior and offered a lot off, but I want the LG. They're looking, bust so far nada. I'll give them a shot, at least.

Good luck. Say Hello to Victor for me (my salesperson) if you go back. Tell your salesperson that I sent you there and to send me my "bird-dog" fee if you purchase a new Cube. If a get it, I'll split it with you. It's usually $50-$100. The finance guy was pretty tough but a nice guy. I tried to get some extras for the car other than the deal they gave me, but all that I could manage was two nissan stainless thermal travel mugs. So, just before you sign the mountain of paperwork, tell them to throw the two mugs in.

David - Dallas, TX
10' Cube SL w/pref pkg, stainless sills

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
miata007 said:
I don't find Costco to give very good prices based on my experience. They are only OK prices for people who don't want to shop around and bargaing a little.
You got a great deal and congrats to your new Cube!!!!

Thanks for the Costco information. I sure don't mind shopping around or bargaining!

David - Dallas, TX

1 - 13 of 13 Posts