Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my new scarlet red base model Cube last Tuesday when it looked like Cash for Clunkers cash was going to run out. Local dealer wouldn't budge an inch on the sticker price and they wanted me to jump through extra hoops like going to the DMV to prove I've had registration on my clunker going back at least a year.

So I found a dealer in the next town over about 30 minutes away who sold me what I wanted for about one hundred under sticker and $2100 under what they originally wanted for it. They had tried to tack on some bogus regional pricing adjustment and I flat out told the sales manager you would have to be crazy to pay anything more than sticker for one and that I just to another dealer somewhere in SoCal that would sell one for sticker. But yeah, I think they only have about a $5-$600 margin between invoice and sticker so they don't seem very willing to deal. Maybe even less so with the extra hassle and risk they have with the clunker trade in.

It seems like we were haggling and messing around with clunker paperwork for hours but it turned out well in the end.

·
Registered
34 Posts
none said:
Cubby said:
what is C.A.R.S.?
A big mistake.

Don't take my word for it... here is the Wall Street Journal: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204313604574326531645819464.html
Hmmmm.....the article makes a good point......why not just keep giving our tax money away.....wellllll.......I do need a new oven.....my fridge is pretty old as well........but.........I would never ever expect my neighbors/fellow tax payers to help me out with those appliances so have to wonder now, was the Cash for Clunkers a good thing.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Cubby said:
elDizzle_foShizzle said:
IBTL! :no:
What does IBTL mean/stand for?
IBTL

"In Before The Lock": An abbreviation posted to a thread on a web-based forum when the poster knows that any rational debate has long since been abandoned, and will shortly be locked by the forum administrator.
Original poster: Welfare is bad!
Second poster: Oh yeah? Well, you're a nazi!
Original poster: Oh yeah? Well, you're an idiot!
Third poster: IBTL!
Admin: I'm locking this thread. Nothing to see here, move along. 8)

·
Registered
34 Posts
IBTL

"In Before The Lock": An abbreviation posted to a thread on a web-based forum when the poster knows that any rational debate has long since been abandoned, and will shortly be locked by the forum administrator.
Original poster: Welfare is bad!
Second poster: Oh yeah? Well, you're a nazi!
Original poster: Oh yeah? Well, you're an idiot!
Third poster: IBTL!
Admin: I'm locking this thread. Nothing to see here, move along. 8)
[/quote][/quote]
Sounds like another language........Fred and I don't get it......thanks for trying though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts