Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
hana said:
how do you get rid of the new car smell without using an air freshener that smells as well? :sick: new car smell gives me a headache and makes me nauseous :sick: :sick:
Hana,as none says leave the windows open a crack.
Also on the climate control switch it off but push the Vent button allowing fresh filtered air in.
At least while the weather is nice.
It will take time.
I must admit I like the new car smell! :yes:
Don't forget that if you s :roll: e you will be sucking in the plastic fumes through your s....e!
Cheers
Bryan

·
Registered
179 Posts
I must admit I too like the smell but have known others with sensitivity. In one of my many conversations about my Qb a former car dealership owner told me Nissan spent upwards of a $million :eek: or more (U.S.) to create the perfect smell to entice buyers when they take a test drive. 8)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
former car dealership owner told me Nissan spent upwards of a $million :eek: or more (U.S.) to create the perfect smell to entice buyers when they take a test drive. 8)

:sick: :sick: :sick:

·
Registered
929 Posts
Yes, most people yearn for that smell. It can motivate someone with a particularly stinky car to pay for a new car. But since it is the gassing of new plastics & carpet, it will soon fade away...

·
Registered
336 Posts
CubicKrom said:
I must admit I too like the smell but have known others with sensitivity. In one of my many conversations about my Qb a former car dealership owner told me Nissan spent upwards of a $million :eek: or more (U.S.) to create the perfect smell to entice buyers when they take a test drive. 8)
lol, that's outrageous! but hilarious :D put me down as another person who loves the new car smell (usually...my dad had a new montero at one point that stank), though it always makes my sister nauseous...go figure. however, i will miss the smell of my corrado, with its old leather seats 8)

·
Registered
105 Posts
CubicKrom said:
It was wasted and money on me because I never did take a test drive.
I knew what I hotly desired :yes: and would not change my mind with a test drive anyway.
I drove it off the lot with 7 KM on the odometer nostrils filled with the reeking smells of new car and feeling good that nobody else had driven it only 1 KM to get tank filled!The other 6 KM off the ship or what have you.
I was right it fit like a glove and felt I belonged in it. :yes: :yes:
Never looked back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts