Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather was a bit warmer here in Maryland today so I got a chance to wash the cube and take better pictures. After a week of ownership, my wife loves it. I've only driven it a handful of times so far. We are getting about 23mpg but I assume/hope that will go up as the engine breaks in.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Beautiful no doubt. But I'm not crazy about the Krom's grill, when I see one coming towards me I think it's a Toaster (Scion Xb). Other than that I love ANY Cube. - Dan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys and gals. I think it might also have something to do with the CVT and not knowing how to get the best mpg out of it yet too. I put mpg on the display so my wife could check it out while she's driving. What I also noticed was that the A/C seems to come on automatically when you adjust anything, so I turned it off manually and made sure she knew to make sure it was off. Hopefully that'll lead to better mpg as well.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If it's on "Auto" or any defrost mode the "A/C" light will come on indicating the compressor is engaged whether it's cooling or heating.

I too am seeing low, 24 mpg, where I was getting 27 with the a/c on until late September. I thought maybe my intake was a concern but now hearing your issue it makes me say hmmmm.? :-\

Maybe it's the grill Dan likes so much? :D 8)

·
Registered
179 Posts
BentoBox said:
Do you apply E-Brake while it's park on your driveway? Driveway seems bit steep.
I think this is for me? If so, driveway is not steep. Just the angle of the dangle of the picture. Sometimes I apply brake and sometimes not. Old habit from my manual transmission days. I try not to. A couple times in the snow and ice my e-brakes froze to the drums on my F-350. Not cool. :no:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BentoBox said:
Do you apply E-Brake while it's park on your driveway? Driveway seems bit steep.
The car is parked in the garage at night, but to answer your question yes. I've always been one to apply the E-brake and then put it in park to try and take some stress off the transmission. The driveway isn't really steep, the picture is an illusion.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I bet it is a combination of the winter gas and the cold weather that you guys are getting less MPG. Just remember that if the intake air is more dense/colder, the engine will throw in more fuel to keep the mixture correct. At least I think that is how it works.

My Gas mileage has been fairly good. I live in Texas so it isn't real cold here, but this winter I've been averaging 27.5mpg in the city and 30+ on the highway. During the summer, I got as good as 35.0 mpg on the highway in one fillup. I was getting more like 29mpg in the city during the break in, but I've been pretty hard on the Cube since it broke in.

I have a black KROM model as well. They do look really good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts