Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently my poor Cube was no match for the 2004 Lexus SUV that decided to make a hard left hand turn right into the passenger side of the Cube in the middle of the freaking highway. :( Everyone in the Cube is ok though thank God... just banged up and sore. The Cube on the other hand... was apparently damaged enough that no one would let me look at it last night... and the place they towed it to isn't open today. I was already concerned about the damages... but the tow guy added to that concern when he towed it behind the truck (with the Lexus on the roll back, or course)... even though the manual for the Cube specifies that it should go on a roll back. What a way to end the year. :no:

Question... with a side impact like that... shouldn't the side air bags deploy? or do they only deploy in a roll-over accident?

·
2,084 Posts
Very sorry to hear that. Glad everyone is well. :-\

I would have thought the bags would have/should have deployed.

Did the accident mess up the door pillar? In a lot of cases if the door pillar is damaged the car is totaled, maybe the tow guy figured that and the pull behind did not matter.

Could be an opportunity to get a 2010 :yes: Best of luck

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ChristineK said:
Very sorry to hear that. Glad everyone is well. :-\

I would have thought the bags would have/should have deployed.

Did the accident mess up the door pillar? In a lot of cases if the door pillar is damaged the car is totaled, maybe the tow guy figured that and the pull behind did not matter.

Could be an opportunity to get a 2010 :yes: Best of luck
Honestly, I'm not sure about the extent of the damage. I know that the passenger door couldn't be opened at first... then when we got it open it looked like it was just kind of hanging. I think the main impact was just behind the front passenger side tire but I didn't see it for myself... I was a little shaken up. I really hope that they just total it at this point.

The impact managed to take off the front bumper and some other piece of the Lexus and they were leaking pretty red stuff pretty good too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts