Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to vent :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: went to the dealership today, they only offered a couple hundred off sticker price and no throw ins im pissed :mad: :mad: :mad: i'll have to go to another dealership, too bad i liked my salesman.. :(

·
2,084 Posts
hana said:
i need to vent :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: went to the dealership today, they only offered a couple hundred off sticker price and no throw ins im pissed :mad: :mad: :mad: i'll have to go to another dealership, too bad i liked my salesman.. :(
You are in the market for a new model, the Nissan dealer is pretty much selling only this car on there lot. This vehicle is in high demand so they don't need to wheel and deal on this model. Now try the same on a Versa and you will get a different story.
I drove 3 hours to go get mine as none (pearl white SL) were even available in my entire state. I am surprised you got any money off the sticker. I was told they cant even keep an Caribbean Blue SL for more than a few days. In my area you can get any Cube model you want so long as you desire brown. :(

Christine ;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
hana said:
I would go back and beg for forgiveness and buy the car you want at the price they want. You are not going to get a deal on a car that sells as it rolls off the delivery truck at almost every Nissan dealer in the US.

Dink

·
Registered
929 Posts
hana said:
i need to vent
Have you seen my buying experience thread??? Not to totally discount your feelings, but it sounds like you had a good deal & let it go. Go back and buy that Cube asap! Then enjoy!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for your feedback!! it sounds like there are no deals to be had, they had a few on the lot but not the color i want, so they would bring it in from another dealership, and there is stock at other dealerships. :D DINK 74 :D i feel better now, you made me laugh, do you work for nissan? i called up an acquaintance that works at honda, he said he would help me, they also have a nissan dealership, which i did not know. also this girl does not beg. ;)

·
Registered
228 Posts
hahaha THAT'S the spirit! begging at a dealership? i couldn't imagine it. my guys had to hold my Saturn keys hostage to keep me from walking out the door! lol only reason they had them was because they were appraising it for a trade-in.

another dealership held my drivers liscense hostage (not for the cube, though)

·
Registered
159 Posts
My wife drives a Smart that we waited 18 months for after she ordered it and I had a Smart ordered and it was heading down the 1 year for delivery road when I pulled the trigger on a Cube so I am used to getting the price on the sticker. Smarts still sell for more than the sticker almost everywhere because if you do not like the premium price you can order one and get the MSRP in 6 to 12 months when it comes in. I got $500 off my Cube and another $500 off for my wife finishing her Masters Degree in August so I guess I got sort of a deal.

Dink

·
Registered
336 Posts
hana: if you're able to locate the exact one you want...go for it! it seems that most people have at least had to pay MSRP, so if you can get close to that, you'll be good to go. that is, unless you don't mind waiting 3 months for it; if so, get in touch with the fleet manager at your dealership and see what he can do.

dink: 18 months for a smartcar, holy cow!! :sick: i read that some car companies require a 6 month wait for a custom order, and i thought that was bad, lol. i'm glad you got pulled into the cube dark side, though ;D

·
2,084 Posts
At Jones Motor Co. in Tennessee they were getting over MSPR as people started a bid war. No thanks you can keep it, you would have depreciation even before it left the lot. :roll:

Car dealers are hurting bad at the moment, but the cube is propping up Nissan just a tiny bit. This will fade as it does with all things FAD.

none said:
Not to totally discount your feelings, but it sounds like you had a good deal & let it go. Go back and buy that Cube asap! Then enjoy!
Agreed with None

Christine ;)

·
Registered
929 Posts
ChristineK said:
This will fade as it does with all things FAD.
Agreed. I know it's a fad, but the few extra dollars are somehow worth that extra year of novelty (and strange glances). LOL!

dink74 said:
another $500 off for my wife finishing her Masters Degree in August so I guess I got sort of a deal.
Wha? Tell me more!

·
Registered
929 Posts
For a brief moment I was about to lose my cool... my dealer already having assaulted me on all fronts. But I see that it applies to recent grads. I got my degree so long ago they would have laughed :p

·
Registered
105 Posts
hana said:
You know Hana here in Victoria here across the pond where those expensive ferries ply,there was no chance of any discount off the factory sticker price.
You were luckier than us poor Kawaiso sods over here to be offered even a couple of hundred off.
There is only one Nissan dealer in Victoria the other is in Nanaimo and you know where that is.
We have no :no: chance to discount or Waribiki here :( ! Zannen deshita.
When all the fuss dies down I'll warrant you'll do better.
If you have a good rapport with a salesman you like you should stick with him.
Have you un-vented yet?
I hope so.
Mata...ne
Bryan.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just want to thank everybody for your feedback :) i feel much better today. my honda guy just called to apologize for getting back to me so late.. wow... his nissan buddy didn't get back to him yet, he'll call me tomorrow, hopefully with some good news :)

·
2,084 Posts
hana said:
I just want to thank everybody for your feedback :) i feel much better today. my honda guy just called to apologize for getting back to me so late.. wow... his nissan buddy didn't get back to him yet, he'll call me tomorrow, hopefully with some good news :)
What Honda were you interested in? I have an 08 Fit and absolutely love it. I am not so keen on the new 09 Fit, I think they went to a full remodel of the vehicle to quickly.

If you are buying a vehicle for fuel economy and stowage the Fit is much better than the Cube (magic seats). I love my Cube but it is a toy! My Honda Fit is a car with a pulse.

I know I will get darts and flames but you cannot put the two vehicles in the same class, same for the Versa. I looked at the Versa and Fit and it was miles apart in everything. I know Honda people are over bearing freaks, not me!

That said, if you buy a Honda you will see the difference that other vehicles seem to lack. Fit and finish, no awkward regular maintenance, it just works!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hi ck :) i was going to buy the honda fit (08, don't really like the new design either) this year, then my nephews showed me the nissan cube, then i fell in love :yes: i personally think honda is the better of the two cars but i love the cube..... i also looked at the versa last year??? made in mexico? i decided on the fit. i have owned 2 hondas, 2 datsuns in my past, not all together..( i think i'm showing my age now ) ..i'm curious about you??? how do you know so much about cars 8)

·
2,084 Posts
You are welcome to be curious.

I grew up around cars and built my first show car back in 1985 (4 years before KeychainDan was born) and have built and even painted many cars since.

I have always stood out is a sea of guys and got many compliments for it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Where do you get off trying to make a mockery of me? Oh and learn to do math.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts