Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2009 cube under 30k just past a year. recently I have issue when I ran through uphill or downhill my accelerator didn't responded. next day I went to dealer to check what's wrong with my cube. After noon service adviser called told me that I need to replace transmisson. :mad: OMG luckly ;) I still in warranty but, my question are nissan deal should replace with use transmission or brand new? If they replace with use transmission how long they give me a warranty? And anyone have same issue?

·
Registered
212 Posts
A little piece of info you'll probably like to hear.

Cvt transmissions now have a 10 year, 120,000 mile/200,000 km warrenty

And the replecement transmission should be new.

Reactions: shannonrrb

·
Registered
91 Posts
Question is whether or not it was under the 120K warranty when OP bought it.

I bought a 2007 Dodge caliber in Mar 07. It came with a 36K mile warranty.

I bought the extended warrnty for 70K.

At 72K miles my CVT crapped out.

Had i bought my car in JULY of 07, it would have come with a 100K mile warranty :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

This is why i bought a cube 2 days ago.

·
2,084 Posts
The 09 version of the CVT seems to have huge problems, it is getting widely known. I am sure a recall will be issued before to long. To bad it might hurt Cube sales as mine was like 7K to replace. I hope this is not the case but more and more cube owners are reporting problems with the 09 CVT. I have seen no mention in the media or other, thus no one has yet been killed due to this failure but it is inevitable. With my failure I was stuck in the intersection and could have easily been clipped by a passerby.

We will see what happens. I still have video.

·
Registered
91 Posts
ChristineK said:
The 09 version of the CVT seems to have huge problems, it is getting widely known.

DONT SAY THAT!!! <sticks fingers in ears> I"M NOT LISTENING! I CANT HEAR YOU! LALALALALALALALAL

·
Registered
981 Posts
bloody hell, i was proud to have a 09, but danm now im scared and wishing i pushed on the manual. :mad:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Was Nissan able to rootcause the issue (CvT failures)?

again and again, time has proved CVT is much much more troublesome than traditinal auto. (ex. Murano, Versa, Max, Quest)

that confirms why Nissan gives you 100K warranty.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I wish i could say i am extremely glad to have the 6spd, but at 15k mi i had to get mine replaced. So Im just super happy ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow. I have to say I am surprised that all these issues are happening with the CVT. I had one in my 07 Sentra SL and had no issues (36k mls on it) and now with my 09 Cube I have racked up 5800 mls over the last couple of months (inc 2 long road trips) with no issues.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems but I am glad mine hasn't acted up :)
I guess I'l just have to pay special attention to the tranny and how it behaves.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I spoke with the owner of a local transmission shop today. He does not like Toyota's or Nissan's because the transmissions rarely fail; no failure means no money in his pocket. He said that the CVT is a simple transmission that should give the owners no problems.......but............... when they fail expect a $4000 bill. His suggestion... change the fluid often.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welp It's my turn. 40000 miles and now a new tranny. :sick: problem is now it runs like crap. Sounds like I have an aftermarket intake on and I don't. Dealership says they can't find anything wrong. Nissan Northamerica is very aware there is a problem with the CVT tranny for that yr cube.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts