Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gettin abit noisy. Time for a new muffler. Looking on RockAuto.
Any surprises waiting for me when I replace this? Looks pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah, pretty straight forward. That being said, I haven't actually replaced my muffler. my pipe had rusted through shortly before the muffler itself, so I simply cut out the offending bits of rust and joined the two using a piece of pipe and muffler cement (which, by the way, has worked a treat since I did it four years ago). While I was down there, it looked like a full replacement would be a fairly straightforward affair.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, crawled under and checked it our last night. There's a joint that looks pressed together about 6 inches before the muffler that has rotted apart. Anyone know what size the pipe is?

Every muffler pic I have found shows a bolted flange and mine does not have that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My system rotted at the flange recently. Had my local shop cut out that 3 inch section, weld in a replacement section of pipe. $50 and done. Said system, when needed would be reasonable to have done. Might check your local muffler shop if you have one. But noise could be coming from the rotted section - mine was.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts