Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone post a good clear picture of the 6 speed pattern (like the shift knob) and a picture of this "ring" that people are talking about? The reverse lockout? I haven't seen a 6 speed yet. Apparently people don't care for the setup. Is it hard or awkward to shift into reverse or what? Thanks guys..........

·
Registered
11 Posts
I like the setup now. Pull up on that ring before shifting it into reverse. Once I was shown how to do it and used it a few times, I like it and it is easy.

·
Registered
839 Posts
coolguy said:
i had no problems at all with the setup. the reverse is different from what i'm used to, but there's less potential for accidentally putting it into reverse. my bf's car has the same setup; here's the knob of an sti, so you can see what the ring looks like: https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/images/sti-shift-knob.JPG
This picture has the wrong shift pattern. The cube's reverse is forward next to 1st gear. But the lift up reverse lockout is pretty much the same, very similar to what I had in my Focus.

I personally don't find reverse hard to find at all, and neither are the rest of the gears. The shifter is a tad notchy but not at all hard. Some of the notchyness may vanish after everything is broke in. - Dan

·
Registered
41 Posts
Starbuck, this pic is from my car, hope it will help u out. The reverse lockout ring is prety easy to use once u get used to it. Sorry the numbers weren't in focus.

R 1 3 5
2 4 6

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts