Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
i've been looking at this forum but jus didn't join up until now. I saw some thread about some tanabe soc coilovers for the cube i can't help but wonder do people actually drive their cube hard?
I mean on the linked site it has underbrace and all te suspension parts going onto the insight but is it really worth it to mod up an insight is all im asking.

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/rnd2009-8-3.asp
^ and to install exhaust system on it...
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,084 Posts
In the Cube it will be about the look not the performance. I lowered my Fit and I don't see any performance gain but the look is great!

Christine ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I don't think the Cube is a "performance" car, so most people will go with the "VIP" or "Sport/Lux" style on the Cube. Dope, aggressive wheels w/ slam, and "VIP" ish interior modifications. Garson mirrors, curtains, Fusa, etc.

I am sure someone with enough dedication can make a "racecar" cube can do it since the chassis is new and probably decently stiff. And while there are Nissan Tiida / Versa racing series, the rear suspension geometry on the Cube/Versa is not optimised for handling (esp. with the torsion bars). Torsion bar can actually be good for smooth racetracks (but that basically rules out most american tracks as they are all rough, bumpy and never ideal).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1QuickCube said:
I don't think the Cube is a "performance" car, so most people will go with the "VIP" or "Sport/Lux" style on the Cube. Dope, aggressive wheels w/ slam, and "VIP" ish interior modifications. Garson mirrors, curtains, Fusa, etc.

I am sure someone with enough dedication can make a "racecar" cube can do it since the chassis is new and probably decently stiff. And while there are Nissan Tiida / Versa racing series, the rear suspension geometry on the Cube/Versa is not optimised for handling (esp. with the torsion bars). Torsion bar can actually be good for smooth racetracks (but that basically rules out most american tracks as they are all rough, bumpy and never ideal).
okay so most people are going for the VIP look but why he coilovers? what purpose would that server if the car itself is not going to be driven like a sports car wouldn't the spring be suffice to say?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
ChristineK said:
I lowered my Fit and I don't see any performance gain but the look is great!

Christine ;)
How does it handle now? I have a 07 Fit and it handles great, I can zip and zoom in and out of traffic.. Wouldnt mind lowering it though..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well installing any type of aftermarket springs well make your car handle better.

I think tanabe is taking orders for the springs i wonder whats the difference with the msrp price.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,084 Posts
tgreaves said:
ChristineK said:
I lowered my Fit and I don't see any performance gain but the look is great!

Christine ;)
How does it handle now? I have a 07 Fit and it handles great, I can zip and zoom in and out of traffic.. Wouldnt mind lowering it though..
Great actually, The stance is killer, turning is extremely tight. The car was built on a racing platform so it fits no-pun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
929 Posts
ChristineK said:
The car was built on a racing platform
Whoever told you that was pulling your leg (to be expected from the Honda crowd). It is based on a wagon platform, something like the cube.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
1QuickCube said:
Springs don't go as low as coilovers.
+1

Wurlux just because someone wants coilovers doesn't mean they wanna race around town. you've been pouring over the tanabe website, look at the differences between their coil-spring heights and their coilover height at full drop. the fact is, the lower it is, the better it looks.

some people are/will be willing to pay the price for that extra drop. including me
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,084 Posts
none said:
I have been know to be wrong from time to time :)
After much searching for the claimed article mentioning the thoroughbred underpinning of the Fit, I cannot find it for the life of me. :( If you read the WIKI it backs None 100%

I must admit I am wrong on this one 8)
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top