Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove my cube 100km with no problem.
I was busy maybe 90 minutes then I started the Cube but it sounded it was misfiring or the timing was off?
I put it in gear and it started rolling then lurched as if it was not getting Petrol or the transmission was slipping, I got it on the freeway and in top gear it would go to 55 mph then no acceleration, it would drop back to 50 then accelerate to 55 then same again.
I pulled over and turned the engine off then restarted and it was fine for the return trip, it did this 3 times so far in as many weeks.
Anyone any idea what's going on??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No engine light, nothing.
I just turn the engine off and wait 30 seconds restart the car and see if the problem persists.
It seems it happens only after long drive 50 miles approx.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When the problem is occuring is it just varying speed or its like stuck at those speeds? Is it doing the same thing in every gear? Is 55 the limit when it's happening? Does the same thing also happen at 35?

So full disclosure. I havent seen or heard of this problem. Just trying to get an idea of what is happening and hypothesize on the issue. It seems like if the engine light hasnt come on it would have to be something no related to the engine running.

This forum isn't super active from what I can tell and I am new here. You may want to try and see if others have had a similar problem on other Nissans as these cars share a lot of parts. Versas and Jukes are essentially the same car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It happens in every gear, in low gear it lurches, in top gear it accelerates to 55 then the acceleration stops, speed falls back to 50 mph then it accelerates back up to 55/56 then it repeats

·
Registered
16 Posts
And I assume the abs and traction control aren't going nuts while this is happening? Feels like it might be on the electronics side of things. Maybe like the drive by wire gas pedal sensor?

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you have an obd2 scanner that has live read outs it might be good to take a look at the readings and see if everything matches what they should be doing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts